The alpha version of CyanogenMod 9– Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 is available. Please make a note that it is very very limited support. Those who wants to update the same can make use of the given below tutorial.
We further gives the list of Working features and non-working features of this alpha version of CM9. Before start to proceed strictly follow the pre requisites which we have given below.
- Multitouch *NEW*
- Voice / Data
- USB Tethering *NEW*
- App Switch button = Menu
- Proximity sensor
- NFC / Android Beam
- Notification LED
- Wifi Hotspot
- Camera (Still shots and Zero Shutter Lag)
- Video Camera (works about 85-90% of the time. The other 10-15% you get a garbled video output
- Panorama Camera images
- Video Camera is flaky
- We strongly advice you to take backup of all your internal data such as Call Logs, Contacts, SMS, MMS, Apps, APNs Settings, etc. with the help of backup applications. Just in case, if you lost your data due to any reason you could easily recover them with the help of backup applications.
- We also advice you to charge your device battery fully in order to apply the update. Minimum 80% is recommended from our side. If you do not consider this there is a chance of your device getting switched off during the middle of the process.
- Next disable all the antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
DISCLAIMER : Use the given below procedures at your own risk. We should not be held responsible/liable if any thing happens wrongly to your device.
How to install the alpha version of CyanogenMod 9:
- First download the latest version of CyanogenMod 9.zip file from here to your computer.
- After that also download the ICS Google Apps package from here to your computer.
- Then Reboot the device into ClockworkMod or TWRP Recovery.
- After that do that factory data reset (You must do this step suppose if you are coming from a non-CM9 ROM)
- Now, flash the CM9.zip file. After that reboot the device into the recovery mode. Then again flash the ICS Google apps package.
- Once you flashed, the installation begins wait until it has been complete.
That’s it you’ve done Enjoy!