2011 was the year of the smartphones and sadly the tablets were launched but they failed to make an impact like the introduction of the dual core smartphones. Google also messed it up by releasing the not so popular Android Honeycomb for tablets.
But all this has passed and this year is THE YEAR of tablets because we see the launch of best tablets that you can ever think or dream of. The performance offered by them can rival the performance of a netbook.
So this year first we were introduced to Asus Transformer Prime which takes up the position at the High end tablets and everyone thought there can’t be any other tablet that can match the Transformer Prime.
But everyone was proven wrong with the launch of IPad 3 which can hold its own against the Transformer prime. So in this article we are going to compare the two King of tablets and see which King wins the war.
1. Processor Comparison
- Asus Transformer Prime TF700T: In this tablet we get the Tegra3 quad core processor which is clocked at 1.3 GHz. You also get 1 GB of RAM and ULP Geforce 12 core GPU which ensures that no matter you have running the tablet will not face any hiccups. The GPU makes mincemeat out of 3D games and the tablet is very smooth and fast.
- Apple IPad 3: Apple have used Dual core A5x chip which are clocked at 1Ghz and PowerVR SGX543MP4 (quad-core graphics). You also get 1 GB of RAM. The tablet runs smoothly and there is no lag what so ever.
- Verdict: in terms of processing power IPad 3 falls behind transformer prime in bench marks but in some areas of gaming IPad excels and transformer prime falls behind. Either way both the tablets offer something which they are best at and also some areas where they lag behind.
2. Display Comparison:
- Asus Transformer Prime TF700T: you get a 10.1inch Super IPS+ display with a resolution of 1920×1200. The viewing angles are good and also the screen produces clear and crisp text and pictures which are a joy to watch. The HD videos appear very good.
- Apple IPad 3: you get a 9.7inch retina display with an amazing resolution of 2048×1536 which makes sure that no matter what you are viewing on the display everything appears crisp and vibrant. Even reading EBooks on the device is more enjoyable. The display also has good viewing angles.
- Verdict: in display comparison IPad 3 is the clear winner because watching videos, reading texts or playing games is an absolute joy on the retina display with everything appearing crisp and vibrant.
- Asus Transformer Prime TF700T: the best part about transformer prime is that you get an additional keyboard dock which makes it very easy to type and write on. Additionally you get an improved battery life when you use the dock. You get a hybrid between tablet/netbook with transformer prime.
- Apple IPad 3: sadly you don’t get any kind of docking station for the tablet. A dock would have been very useful which you would have complemented the battery life.
- Verdict: this is a clear win for the transformer prime which makes it a very portable device which wouldn’t require that much charging and also when you are tired of holding it you can use it as you would use your laptop.
After going through the above comparison where we have compared the most basic features that a user would look for you can clearly see that each tablet has its own advantage and disadvantages. It mostly depends on which kind of market you want to go for.
If you go for transformer prime you get android ecosystem which offers much flexibility and allow you to do what you want. But with IPad 3 you have apple ecosystem and not much flexibility.
At the end it depends on you and with what you prefer from the tablet. Hopefully the comparison has helped you to decide which tablet you would like to purchase.
More Reviews Of Asus Transformer Prime TF700T:
More Reviews Of iPad 3:
Incoming search terms:
- AsusTransformerPrimeTF700TVs IPad3:ComparisonBetweenBestTablets-BestAndroidBlog