The official Jelly Bean 4.1.2 update for ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 has been already released. But still you want to update your device with the latest custom ROM firmware then you can do the same by following the steps which we have given below. Full credits will goes to the XDA Senior Member hiemanshu who has come up with this custom ROM firmware.
In due course, of this article we will help you to root and install the Clockwork Mod Recovery in ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700. Clockwork Mod Recovery is an excellent recovery tool for any rooted android device which can backup your custom ROM as well as data.
DISCLAIMER : Follow the given below steps at your own risk. We and even the developer will not be held responsible for damages takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Root & Install Clock Work Recovery in Asus Transformer TF700 on Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Before start to proceed you need to ensure that your device is unlocked. After that install all the USB drivers of Asus Transformer TF700 properly in your computer.
- Make sure that your device is not rooted previously since we will be installing CWM recovery. To check whether your device is rooted or not, you can download the Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
- There is a risk of your datas getting lost after apply this update, so don’t forget to take backup of all your datas. But don’t backup your datas with the help of PC Suites as it will not detect the device after rooting.
- Ensure that you have left the battery level of atleast 50-60% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned off.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned steps you can now head over to the next step where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to root and install Clockwork Mod recovery in your Asus Transformer TF700.
Procedure to Root and Install Clockwork Mod recovery in your Asus Transformer TF700:
- First, you have to download the Clock Work Mod Recovery Image from here to your computer.
- Once the file has been downloaded, make sure that the ADB is installed in your computer.
- After that connect your device to the computer with the help of original USB cable and open the command with the help of original USB cable and open the command prompt to enter the below mentioned commands. But before that you need to download .img file in the fastboot folder in your computer.
adb devices (to check on whether the device is connected or not with the computer.)
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot
- Alternatively, just in case if you have installed the terminal emulator in your device, place the zip file in your device and then enter the below mentioned command,
dd if=/path/to/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
- Once the recovery mode is flashed, install the Super user tool in your Asus Transformer TF700 device. You can install the Super User tool directly from Google Play Store or through any other outer source.
Features of Super User:
Super user is one of the best apps of ClockworkMod Recovery. It has access prompt, access logging and access notifications. Further it has an in-built notification configuration for each app. It allows temporary unrooting and ADB connections.
The Super User works well especially in recovery mode and when a device doesn’t boot properly. One of the best feature of Super User tool is; it works anonymously in background.
Now, that’s it you have root and install the Clock Work Recovery in Asus Transformer TF700 on JellyBean 4.1.2 firmware. Congrats!