LG and Motorola is major mobile and tablet manufacturer. They have produced many successful brands of mobiles and with the advent of dual core processors both the companies have taken a shot at the tablet market.
LG have produced the Optimus Pad while Motorola have released the Xoom tablet which was said to be the first dual core tablet in the market.Although both this tablet might seem similar to you in specs and other features but what matters is the performance that you will get from them.
From so many tablets how will you know that the tablet you are reading about or holding in your hand is the right tablet for you. In this article we will compare the two innovative tablets and let you decide which one is the right tablet for you.
- LG Optimus Pad: 243 x 149 x 12.5mm
- Motorola Xoom: 249.1 x 167.8 x 12.9mm, 730g
- Verdict: LG wins in this comparison because it lighter as compared to the Xoom and also has a nice form factor that makes it very comfortable to hold. On the other hand Xoom appears very bulky and little heavier as compared to Optimus Pad and while holding the tablet for long the extra weight can make all the difference.
2. Display Comparision:
- LG Optimus Pad: 10.1inch LCD display with 1280×800 resolution
- Motorola Xoom: 8.9inch LCD display with 1280×768 resolution
- Verdict: Both the device features the same type of LCD display and almost the same resolution. So it comes down to whether you want a bigger screen or not. Although keep in mind the Optimus pad is able to play 3D content but for which you need the red green anaglyph glasses. But with Xoom you can enjoy your videos at 16:9 aspect ratio.
3. Processor Comparison:
- LG Optimus Pad: NVidia Tegra2 1Ghz dual core processor with 1Gb of RAM
- Motorola Xoom: NVidia Tegra2 1Ghz dual core processor with 1Gb of RAM
- Verdict: As is the case with all the tablets that were released in 2011 both this tablet features the same dual core processor and RAM. So it’s a tie between these two devices and you can expect the same performance from either of the two devices.
4. Camera Comparison:
- LG Optimus Pad: Dual 5MP rear camera, 1080p 2D video recording and 720p 3D video recording. 2MP front facing camera
- Motorola Xoom: 5MP rear camera which records video at 720p, 2MP front facing camera.
- Verdict: both the devices features 5MP rear facing camera with an LED flash. LG has gone one step beyond by enabling the 3D video recording in their tablet along with 2D 1080p video recording. Whereas Xoom stays at 720p video recording. This is a clear win for LG and if you are into 3D video recording then Optimus 3D is the tablet for you.
5. Storage Comparison:
- LG Optimus Pad: 32GB internal storage
- Motorola Xoom: 32GB internal storage which can be expanded via microSD card up to 32GB.
- Verdict: this is a clear win for Xoom tablet because you can expand your internal storage whereas with LG you might feel restricted to the amount of data you can store in your tablet. Also if you capturing the 1080p videos you are bound to run out of space sooner than you think.
6. Software Comparison:
- LG Optimus Pad: Android 3.0 Honeycomb
- Motorola Xoom: Android 3.0 Honeycomb
- Verdict: in this part it is a tie between the two devices as both of them feature the same Android OS with not much modification to the OS. So you can expect to get the same performance out of the two tablets.
After looking at these two tablets you can say that they are almost too similar albeit minor differences. If you are into 3D video recording then Optimus 3D is the ideal device for you. But if you go for Motorola Xoom you get a bigger screen at a slightly increased weight.
More Reviews Of LG Optimus Pad:
More Reviews Of Motorola Xoom:
Ultimately the decision is yours and which one you want to buy. Do let us know what you think about the tablets.