Galaxy S2 has been the king of the dual core phones for more than a year now because there hasn’t been any other device that can match to what the Galaxy S2 can provide you with in terms of performance.
So in this article we are going to compare the two flagship dual core phones with each other and find out which reigns supreme the year old Galaxy S2 or the recently released Sony Xperia S
1. Hardware Comparison
- Samsung Galaxy S2: it is noticeably thinner than the Xperia S and measures 125.3 x 66.1 x 8.5 mm with a weight of 116g
- Sony Xperia S: Xperia S is bigger with dimensions of 128 x 64 x 10.6 mm and weighs 144g which is noticeably heavier than the galaxy S2.
- Verdict: This is a clear win for Galaxy S2 but if you look at Xperia S you will notice a fresh design and also notice a illuminated transparent strip at the bottom which helps the phone to stand out.
2. Display Comparison:
- Samsung Galaxy S2: you get a 4.3inch Super AMOLED Plus display with a resolution of 480×800. The display offers amazing colors with excellent viewing angles. Super AMOLED Plus is one of the best displays in the mobile market. The pixel density of the display is at 217ppi.
- Sony Xperia S: you get an 4.3inch LCD display with a much higher resolution 1280×720 with a pixel density of 342ppi which is even higher than that of IPhone 4S. The screen has good viewing angles and sunlight legibility. The colors look crisp and amazing thanks to BRAVIA Mobile Engine.
- Verdict: this is a clear win for the Xperia S which offers a HD display which makes a watching videos and pictures a joy as they appear crisp and vibrant thanks to the increased pixel density.
3. Camera Comparison:
- Samsung Galaxy S2: you get an 8MP camera which produces very splendid images with nice color and contrast levels. There is no loss of details and the pictures appear more sharp which is appreciated by many users. Galaxy S2 has the best 8MP mobile camera.
- Sony Xperia S: you get a 12MP camera and this earns the phone a special place in the android camera phone territory because there are very few camera phones that have 12MP camera in them. The images produced have a lot more detail them with good contrast levels. There is no over sharpening of the images.
- Verdict: this category is easily won by the Xperia S because of its 12MP camera which allows for much better image capture.
4. Storage Comparison:
- Samsung Galaxy S2: you get an option of 16 or 32 GB of internal storage which you can expand up to 32 GB via microSD card.
- Sony Xperia S: you get a fixed internal storage of 32 GB which cannot be expanded because Sony hasn’t included any microSD card slot in the device. So you have to manage the available storage space.
- Verdict: having the option of expanding your storage when you need is widely preferred by many users as it doesn’t limit you to what you can do with your phone.
5. Processor And Battery Comparison:
- Samsung Galaxy S2: Galaxy S2 was and is still the most powerful phone among the dual core contenders and you get Exynos Dual core processor clocked at 1.2Ghz with 1GB of RAM and Mali-400MP GPU which ensures everything is nice and smooth. The device is powered by 1650mAh battery.
- Sony Xperia S: this device is powered by a 1750mAh battery which runs the Qualcomm MSM8260 Snapdragon dual core 1.5 GHz processor and 1 GB of RAM. You also get Adreno 220 GPU which is able to manage the 720p screen effortlessly.
- Verdict: the bigger battery in Xperia S is used to power the powerful display but still provides you with adequate usage which can be on par with the Galaxy S. So in this category there is no clear winner.
We hope this comparison between the two great phones has been helpful to you and that now you are able to decide which one you want to purchase. Do let us know if you come across any other points that are worth comparing between the two phones.