With the Samsung Galaxy S3 users expecting the roll out of newly released Android 4.1 Jelly bean operating system to their devices shortly, the one thing which makes them frustrated is the non-availability of USB Mass storage mode in the device.
Samsung have replaced USB Mass storage mode (UMS) with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) in Galaxy S3. Although MTP has its own advantages, it is not supported by all operating systems and it can be connected only with the help of third party tools which is being considered as a major disadvantage.
Well, to fix this issue and let Galaxy S3 users use the UMS, the guys at XDA developers has come up with a standalone application. If you want to get rid of the MTP and use USB Mass storage mode, then follow the instructions given below.
Important: Since there rooting procedure is involved in this process, your device warranty will get void.
Pre Requisites To Enable USB Mass Storage Option In Samsung Galaxy S3
- The instructions given below is for enabling the USB Mass storage mode in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Android device. So don’t try it with any other device.
- Though there is no risks of losing data from your device during this process, it is highly recommended to take backup of all your contacts, SMS, MMS, Call logs, etc., using appropriate data backup applications.
- Ensure that your device is rooted and installed with custom recovery image. Otherwise, this procedure will not work.
Once you have followed these instructions, you can move on and proceed with the tutorial given below.
How To Enable USB Mass Storage Option In Samsung Galaxy S3
- To get started, download USB Mass Storage (UMS) APK file from here to your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 using a USB data cable to the computer, and transfer the APK file to the device. Once done, disconnect the device from computer.
- Now navigate to the APK file in your device and follow the on screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once done, you can open the application and select any options as shown in the screenshot given above.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed an external application which will enable USB Mass storage mode in Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300.
Incoming search terms:
- EnableUSBMassStorageOptionInSamsungGalaxyS3 HowTo -BestAndroidBlog
- samsung s3 usb mtp options
- how to enable usb mode in samsung gt-l9300
- USB Mass Storage APK file
- samsung galaxy s3 will not enable usb mode
- samsung not giving usb options
- samsung s3 media download options