Please make a note that the given below procedure is for Galaxy S II i9100G only. So, don’t try with any other variants.
- Before start to proceed, you must Backup all your data such as Call logs, SMS, MMS, Apps, Videos, Images etc with the help of Backup application. Just in case, if you lost your data due to any reason.
- Make sure you have charged your battery device fully or else your device may get switched OFF in the middle of the process.
- Next disable all the antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
How to Install:
A) If you are first time installing the CyanogenMod 10.1 to your Galaxy S II, or coming from another ROM then follow this guide.
1. Make sure you’re running ICS bootloaders (If you’re unsure, flash a official ICS ROM and proceed).
2. Make sure you’re running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery
4. Boot into Recovery.
5. Flash CM10.1 zip from internal SD card.
6. Flash Gapps zip from internal SD card.
7. Do a data wipe/factory reset (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
8. After that reboot your device.
9. Don’t restore system data using Titanium Backup
10. Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!
B) If you are upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 10.1 then follow this procedure:
1. Initially, you need to copy CM10.1 ZIP to your internal SD Card.
2. Boot into the Recovery
3. Flash CM10.1 zip from internal SD card.
4. After that reboot your device and enjoy.