In this article, we are guiding you how to enable the Voice calling features as well as check the account balance of the Sim Card which you have inserted in your Galaxy Tab.
The best part of this work around is that this can be applied on the array of Android firmwares like stock Android 4.0.4 Samsung ROM, the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based CyanogenMod (CM10) ROM, the Ice Cream Sandwich based CM9 ROM, and AOKP ROM installed in your Galaxy Tab 10.1 device.
But, the sad thing is that for applying this work around, you need to root your Galaxy Tab. So please check whether your device is rooted or not with the help of “Root checker” app which can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Full credits will go to the recognized XDA Developer almaqdad for coming out with this update.
The steps which we are given below are compatible one and only for Galaxy Tab 750 / Galaxy Tab 10.1 device which bears the model number as P7500. So, don’t try this with other device otherwise it might damage your device.
DISCLAIMER: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-requisites to Enable Voice Calling in Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 TABLET:
- Before start to apply this update you need to back up all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, APNs Call log etc) present in your phone with the help of backup applications. Because, if you lost your data due to any reason you can easily get back with the help of them.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 50% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you confirmed you have done all the above mentioned instructions, then you can switch over to the next steps which we have given below to enable voice calling in your device.
How to Enable Voice Calling in Samsung Galaxy Tab 750 TABLET:
2. Once downloaded, connect your Galaxy Tab to the computer with the help of original USB cable and place the two downloaded zip files in the device.
3. After that disconnect the device from the computer. Now, Download “ROM Manager” app from the Google PLAY Store and install the custom recovery image by selecting the appropriate option in the ROM Manager app.
4. Once the Clock Work Mod recovery gets installed, turn off the tablet so that it can be entered in the recovery mode. Recovery Mode in Galaxy Tab 750 can be entered by pressing the Left Volume Button and Power button till the device boots up in the recovery mode. If the device boots in the normal mode then retry the process of entering the device in the recovery mode.
5. You can also try entering the device in the recovery mode via the ROM Manager app itself. To do so, you need to Select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard” and navigate the files to select XXLQ3 Modem Package & then the Voice Calling Zip Package which you have placed in your tablet.
6. Once the file selection is over, the workaround will be applied within 10 minutes, you can see the progress of update with the help of a progress bar.
NOTE : Just in case, if the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re insert the battery and re follow the above instructions so as to again follow the above mentioned instructions.
Congo! you have now successfully enabled the Voice calling feature in the Samsung Galaxy Tab 750/ Galaxy Tab 10.1 device.
Incoming search terms:
- sm-t217a stock firmware download