The Samsung Galaxy S3 users may noticed that the EFS data which stores the device IMEI and allows it to connect to the network gets erased or changed when flashing custom ROMs. This is a common problem in every Samsung device.
To rectify this problem, a new tool has been released by XDA Senior Member as i9000. It allows you to back up and restore the EFS data on any variant of the Galaxy S3 with a single click, which you can keep as a backup in case things go awry and you lose the IMEI or if gets changed and needs to be restored to the original.
In due course of this article, we will be checking out on how the one-click tool can be used to backup or restore the EFS on a Galaxy S3.
The guide which we have given below are compatible one and only for Galaxy S3 and its variants. So don’t try this on any other device other than Galaxy S3.
DISCLAIMER : Follow the given below procedure properly. Don’t try anything if you don’t know completely what it is. If any damage occurs to your device we even the developers won’t be held responsible for that.
How to Backup and Restore EFS on Galaxy S3:
1. Backup EFS:
- To begin with that, you need to make sure that your Galaxy S3 is rooted. Once you have rooted your device then download and install the Software KIES on your computer, which will install the necessary drivers for the phone.
Click here to download KIES
NOTE : Suppose, if you already have KIES/the drivers installed on the computer then skip this step.
- Download the EFS Backup tool from here. Be sure to download the .rar file.
- Now, extract the above mentioned two files to a convenient location on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone from Settings >> Developer options.
- Now connect your phone to the computer and go to the folder where you extracted the tools file.
- Double-click on the Backup_EFS file, then follow onscreen instructions to backup your Galaxy S3’s EFS folder to the computer, which will be saved in the same folder in the .img format.
- Keep the EFS backup safely so that it can be used later if required.
2. Restore EFS:
- If you want to restore EFS, simply double-click the Restore_EFS file and follow onscreen instructions to restore the EFS data. Make sure the backed up EFS file is in the same folder as the tool’s folder.
So, using the one click tool, you can backup as well as restore the EFS IMEI data on your Samsung Galaxy S3 android device.