When you buy your phone, Stock ROM has been installed in that. It is just a software, which your company have created for your phone. That software may be good, but there are many things to improve for the best experience, while using your phone.
But a custom ROM is completely different from Stock ROM. By installing this you can enjoy many things in your phone. To build a custom ROM you need to have a phone with Root access + S-OFF/Unlocked Bootloader. So in this guide we will concentrate on the easy way of the improved stock ROM.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that takes place to your device while following these procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
1. First, install the stock ROM to your phone. You can do this by flashing via flashtool or Odin. You need a clean base to start. We recommend a stable official ROM, like Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich or maybe Jelly Bean.
2. After that you have to root your ROM. You can do this by using SuperOneClick Tool. Please be aware that to create a custom ROM you should know how to root your phone or else you will lost.
3. Improve Stock ROM on your phone: So, after you have installed the stock ROM and rooted the ROM you can start. To make the ROM to a custom ROM, you can do a lot of things. Here are the few examples.
- Install Latest Superuser
- Install Latest Busybox Auto-Installer
- Supercharge the ROM, enable Darky_zipalign
- Remove the Bloatware. Use Es File Explorer to remove not longer needed apps in system/app partition.
- Tweak Build.prop by going with ES File Explorer to System and editing your build.prop. Now you can change the name shown in Settings and do a lot more.
- Then Change the Bootanimation. You can find a lot of them by going to themes and apps of your own device.
- Add or change apps. Check out themes and apps selection of your device and install a few of them, if you are allowed to use mooDeD apps created by other users.
- Now, delete all backups in ClockWorkMod/Backup folder.
4. Now, make sure you have installed CWM. If you have changed a lot things and You Think Your ROM is good enough, Boot to CWM, select wipe data/factory reset and boot up again. If you are still able to boot, check the ROM for bugs or problems. Write ’em Down! Then Boot again to CWM select wipe data/factory reset —> yes advanced —> wipe battery stats —> yes. Now Select backup & Restore —> Backup.
5. Then connect your SD card to PC and go to ClockWorkMod/Backup folder. Now go to the only one backup folder and copy “system.img” to your PC.
6. On PC open Yaffey and choose Open —> system.img and than extract to empty folder called system.
7. Now you will get a folder “system” which contains the system of your phone. Now create an Empty .zip file and paste in extracted Meta-inf folder Download and copy folder “system” inside. ROM should be flashable for EXT4 NOW!