In this guide we will explain you how to flash the Jellybean ROMs in the Motorola Razr HD and get your modem working with LTE enabled.
In this guide the developer used the Australian Jelly Bean ROM but there is a chance to work with any of the Jelly Bean ROMS. If you want to try this in any other ROM then take the modem and “FSG” files from any of the stock ICS ROMs and simply replace the ones in the Jelly Bean ROMs.
Please make a note that if you want follow this procedure in your device then it should have an unlocked bootloader which you can do for free through Motorola. And although note that it will void your device warranty.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages occurs to your device by following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
1. Initially you need to download the “Rogers” ICS ROM from the thread in the Android Development Forum about the ICS ROMs. Then download the Australian Jelly Bean ROM from this link. (again, use whichever stock Jelly Bean ROM that you want).
2. Then extract the “modem” and the “FSG” files from the Rogers ROM.
3. After that replace the “modem” and the “FSG” files in the Australian ROM with the files you extracted from the Rogers ROM.
4. After that extract the XML file from the Australian ROM. Open it in notepad and find the line of text that has the word “getvar”. Delete that line entirely from the file. Save it in a new location and then drag it into the Australian ROM .zip file and overwrite the existing file. Save the .zip file as you have now updated it.
5. Flash the Australian ROM using RSD lite. You will need the 6.1.4 version. Put your phone in fastboot mode by powering down then holding down both volume buttons while pushing power.
6. A menu will come up. Push volume down until “fastboot” is selected then press volume up to choose it. Plug your phone up via USB to your computer and you should be good to go. You will need the latest USB drivers from Motorola. Now open up RSD Lite and flash the Australian ROM.
7. Set up your APN. For Rogers it should be ltemobile.apn.
That’s it you’ve done.