The Unofficial CyanogenMod 10 has been released for the Samsung Galaxy GT-I5510. The XDA forum Member Ajay191191, built this ROM from the source.
As can be expected with a device of this age running Cyanogen Mod 10, there are a number of issues to be aware of.
Partially working features:
- Keyboard. To use virtual keyboard disable physical keyboard from Language and Input -> Default, after every reboot.
Not working features:
- Media Scanner
- When using headphones mic don’t work
Never Working features:
- Native tethering
Apart from the above mentioned features all other major functions such as WiFi, 3G/2G, Bluetooth, GPS, Call, Headset, ADB, SD Card, Vibration are working normally, so the ROM is very much usable. If you want to try out the CyanogenMod 10 on your Samsung Galaxy I5510, make use of the tutorial which we have given below. But before that, strictly follow the given below tutorial.
Pre requisites :
- Take the backup of your internal data completely with the help of backup applications.
- Make sure the battery level of your device is atleast 80%
- Uninstall all the antivirus tools both in the mobile and computer as this may interrupt the process.
- Make sure the USB Debugging option is enabled in your device.
DISCLAIMER : Use the given below procedures at your own risk. We should not be held responsible/liable if any thing happens wrongly to your device.
How to flash:
- First, you need to download the zip file from here to your computer.
- Once, you have downloaded then connect your device to the computer with the help of USB and copy the zip file and place it in SD card.
- Now, allow your device to boot into CWM recovery.
- There, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” and also you need to select “Wipe Cache partition”.
- After that Select “install the zip from SD card” > “Choose zip from SD card” and then choose the file which you have placed in the step 1.
- Once you have selected, it will take few more minutes to apply the update.
- Once the update is applied, reboot your device so that it turns into the normal mode.
That’s it! You’ve done Enjoy!