Hi guys here is a quick guide to get to the latest OTA Jelly Bean. It looks like official and yes, you can fastboot back to 0.7.2 after applying the update.
This guide will take you from any current version, back to original factory release, root and then update to 0.7.2 after applying the update in Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD.
This guide will take you from any current version, back to original factory release, root and then update to 0.7.2, and then new Jelly Bean.
If you already rooted on 0.7.2 then simply do step 0-1 and 12-22
1. You have a PC and have the Motorola Drivers installed for your phone when its plugged in as USB.
2. You have an SD card for your phone.
Just in case if you don’t have an SD Card then you need to use adb a little and push the update to the proper location when you don’t have an SD card.
You don’t have the Motorola drivers installed for your phone? Step 5, or Step 7 failed? OK, in that folder, open ‘Drivers[REQUIRED]’ and run either the 32bit or 64bit version depending on your OS.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not held responsible/liable for any damages occurs to your device by following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
1. First backup anything you want to keep on your phone.
2. Then put “delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip” on your Phone SD card.
3. Then unplug the USB and Power off your phone.
4. After that boot into the bootloader mode by holding down the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power button.
5. First boot the phone then turn on the USB Debugging and then unplug and plugin the phone.
6. Then install the Root Exploit using Droid RAZR HD Utility 1.00 (make sure you read the note about pressing Vol Up and Power on your phone when asked to do so). Also NOTE: Wiping ‘Data’ will erase all your Camera pics that are NOT stored on ‘SD Card’ by default.
7. After that Sign-in to Google Play and Update Superuser
8. Open the superuser and update binaries.
9. Open the OTA Keeper. Click the “protect root” and then “temp root”.
10. Open the system and check for updates, download and the install the 0.7.2 update.
11. Once the phone is booted, open OTA keeper: click restore root.
12. Open the Superuser and make sure you are rooted, check for updates.
13. Open OTA Keeper: click “protect root” and then “temp unroot”
14. Unplug USB and Power off your phone.
15. Boot into the Bootloader mode by holding down Volume Up, Volume down and Power button.
16. Once in Boot Mode Selection Mode Screen, select “Recovery” using the Volume Down key then press the Volume Up key to select it.
17. Once the android with the belly open logo shows, press both Volume Up and Volume Down.
18. Use Volume Down to navigate Update from external data and press Power to select it.
19. Use Volume Down to navigate ‘delta-ota-Blur_Version.0.7.2-9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip’ and press ‘Power’ to select it.
20. Please make a note that the update will take long time. So, you have to wait until the process is over. Once it finished then hit the power button to reboot into Jelly Bean.
21. Once the phone is booted, open OTA Keeper: Click Restore root.
22. Enjoy Jelly Bean and root.
Jellybean OTA 220.127.116.11 (Android 4.1.1)