In due course of this article we will be checking out on how you can easily apply the official ICS 4.0 Firmware update on Motorola Atrix 2 device.
As of now, there is no timeline on by when there will be an official update released but in the coming days we will be coming up with the custom ROM firmwares based on Jellybean and ICS firmware update.
Please make a note that after upgrade this software in your device you cannot downgrade back to Android 2.3 Gingerbread. After downloading and installing the Android 4.0.4 (Ice cream Sandwich) software release, you will notice new user interface and many new and improved features in your device.
Pre requisites to Update Motorola Atrix 2 with Official ICS 4.0 Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
- Once you have created a backup of the data, move all the backup files to your computer so that they are safe.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of at least 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have performed all the above mentioned instructions, you can head over to the next steps where we have summed up a detailed tutorial on how to apply this update in your Motorola Atrix device.
WARNING: We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update Motorola Atrix 2 with Official ICS 4.0 Firmware:
- Before start to apply this update in your device, you need to ensure that you have the Wi Fi connectivity as the update file will have to be downloaded.
- Once you have turn ON the Wi Fi, within few minutes you should receive the pop up mentioning about the update.
- Once the Update is downloaded, you will have to select the option of “Download” and then select the option of “install now”.
- Once the software is downloaded and installed you will see that the phone will be rebooted.
- After the device has been rebooted, head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” to check on whether the phone is updated to the 67.21.125.MB865.ATT.en.US software version or not.
- Now, just in case if you have not received the notification message for this upgrade despite keeping the Wi Fi ON, then select the Settings icon in the main menu, then head over to the path “Settings > About Phone” and select “System Updates” after which you will get the update availability which will be checked for around a minute.
- Now, it will show an update notification where in you will have to select “Download” and then select “install” from the menu and after the software is installed, the phone will re-start automatically.
NOTE : Suppose, your device does not power up or say it gets into the boot loop mode, you need to re insert the battery and then re try the process of firmware update by following the above mentioned instructions
Congratulations! your Motorola Atrix 2 is now upgraded with 67.21.125.MB865.ATT.en.US software version.
Incoming search terms:
- 67 21 125 mb865 att en us download