If you are the owner of one of the most powerful former flagship Galaxy S and you have been itching to get the taste of Android 4.0 on your aging device then you are in luck because ICS333 ROM is a custom Android 4.0.4 ROM which combines the benefits of CM9 and AOKP ROM.
Features of the ICS333 ROM
- Built from android sources IMM76D
- Notification bar toggles with numeric battery indicator
- Brightness control in status and notification bar
- Extended power menu with reboot, recovery
- TV-OUT functionality
- Kill applications with long press on back button
- Removed R for roaming indicator
- Kernel Semaphore 1.0.0s (387MB RAM)
- Preinstalled apps such file manager, barcode scanner
- APN’s predefined huge list
- Modified hosts file to remove ads in application
How To Install ICS333 ROM On Galaxy S i9000
- Make a Nandroid Backup of your current installation by entering recovery
- Now you need to flash the stock firmware XXJW4
- After flashing the XXJW4 you need to root this firmware with ClockworkMod Recovery
- Now you have to download the ICS333 ROM from their official development site in XDA forum
- You have to download the Google apps to install gmail, play store etc. by downloading the file gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
- Transfer the files you have downloaded to your SD card
- Now you need to boot in to recovery mode by holding down volume up + home button + power on button at the same time
- Once in recovery you need you need to wipe data/factory reset and select yes and also wait a moment for the process to finish
- Then select install zip from sdcard and select ROM firmware first and install it
- After the ROM finishes installation then again select install zip from sdcard and select the file gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip
- After installation is complete then reboot your system from the main menu and wait for 5min for your device to reboot and then register with your Google account
Congratulations you have now installed the ICS stock rom in your aging Galaxy S device and enjoy the ICS goodness with some extra features of other custom rom which further makes you enjoy using android.
If during flashing the rom if any steps don’t work than don’t panic but just restart the flashing procedure from step 1 because you cannot brick your device as long as you have recovery installed on your device as it will allow you to restore your previous installation.
So do let us how the ROM worked out for you and how you feel using it. Do let us know if you of any other ICS build ROM for the Galaxy S.
Incoming search terms:
- stock i9000 firmware 4 0 4
- xda/how to install s reborn release12kk 4 4 4 signed zip on galaxy s plus gt i9001