Asus transformer TF300T is the cheaper version of the Asus transformer Prime although both of the feature the quad core processor still there are certain difference that will not put you off from the buying this tablet.
Asus TF300T was released last month and only the CWM recovery is being made available that will allow you to flash custom ROM in your device and also make backup of your installation so that you can easily restore if something does goes wrong.
So we have prepared a guide which will allow you to install CWM on the Asus TF300T.
Before we start with the guide let us warn you that the methods mentioned in this guide are risky and that you will be performing the installation of CWM at your own risk. We will not be held responsible for any problem that might arise.
How To Install CWM On Asus Transformer TF300T
1. Before you begin with the installation of CWM on your device make sure that the bootloader is unlocked. To do that visit the Asus support page and select Android OS from the drop down menu > select utilities > download Unlock Device Utility which will unlock the bootloader but at the same time voiding your warranty.
2. Now download the CWM recovery image from their official development page over at the XDA forum. You will get a file named recovery.img
3. Install Android SDK on your PC
4. Download fastboot on your PC the file will be named Fastboot.zip
5. After fastboot download is complete extract to a folder in your C:\ and you will get a folder with four files inside it.
6. Now copy the recovery image that you have downloaded into your fastboot folder that got created in the C:\ driver. Now you should have a total of 5 files in the folder.
7. Now turn off your tablet and then hold power + volume down button until a message pops up saying Press Volume Up to enter RCK (5s). Don’t press the volume up button but wait till a new menu appears and then within 10s press volume down button to highlight and then volume up button to validate. If you don’t do this in 10s the tablet will boot into android and you have to repeat the process.
8. Now open command prompt and enter the following commands
- cd c:\fastboot
- if your tablet is connected properly you should see a string of numbers and letters
- fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash recovery recovery.img
9. After the recovery has flashed you will get a message saying finished/OKAY
10. Now type fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot to reboot your tablet11. Congratulations CWM is now installed on your tablet so to access CWM shut down your tablet and hold power + volume down button > then press volume up button when you see Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s) message and the tablet will enter CWM.
So there you have an easy guide with which you can install CWM on your Asus Transformer TF300T. Do let us know if you need help with any of the process or if you some part of the guide is not clear.