While rooting an Android device, it is very much important to install the correct drivers on your PC/Laptop before using any rooting tool. Most of the people get stuck especially in this step. So, this guide will definitely help them to install the drivers properly on any kind of android device on Windows.
Pdanet is a tethering tool which allows you to connect your PC/Laptop to internet using your android smartphone. You can install the drivers for any android device using the PC end of Pdanet.
DISCLAIMER : Best android blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that takes place to your device while following these procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
How to Install the drivers using Pdanet:
1. First, download the Pdanet from here.
Note : Don’t connect your device to anything until I say
2. So, once you downloaded then double click the file and continue through the installation by pressing next>next, till a screen saying something about drivers appears.
3. Skip to the next step if this one doesn’t apply to you. If you already tried installing some drivers, it will ask you if you want to uninstall currently installed drivers and install them using pdanet. Click yes there. Clearly put, if it asks you to overwrite previous installation of drivers, or anything like that, you have to press yes.
4. The pop-up screen will look almost like the one attached below asking you to select your device manufacturer. Choose your device operator and click OK. If your device is not in the list, click others and then press OK.
NOTE : All Indian Device manufacturers like Karbonn, Micromax, Spice, Lava and every other brand not listed in the options that appear fall in the others category.
5. So, once you choose the device operator a warning in red color will appear saying that Windows couldn’t verify the publisher of the software. Click on “Install this driver software anyway”. This warning may appear multiple times, keep clicking on install drivers anyway until it stops appearing.
6. Then Pdanet will ask you to connect your device to the computer. Now, you have to connect your device to your PC/Laptop using USB cable. Don’t enable any modes like : USB Storage or tethering. Just allow the driver installation complete.
7. Once the installation of the driver completes, you have successfully setup your device drivers.
8. Now exit pdanet from the taskbar by right clicking on the app icon. This will prevent pdanet from interfering with ADB/anything else you are going to use. This is just a precautionary measure.
9. That’s it you’ve done now, you can continue with rooting your device.
If you want to check whether your device drivers have been installed successfully or not, you need to connect your phone to the PC, and don’t turn USB Storage/tethering on. Start Device Manager, your device should be listed as Android ADB Interface as shown in the given below picture.
Once the drivers are installed, you can use a large set of PC based tools to customize your android even more.
Incoming search terms:
- android usb device driver for any brand of smartphone