This article will be really helpful for the Window users who are looking to install the HBOOT drivers in their device. Mac and Linux users do not need the HBOOT drivers and can skip the “Installing the Drivers” section.
This guide will cover the method which requires the Unrevoked tool and this will works for a handful of HTC phones, specifically the Incredible, Desire, Aria, EVO 4G and the Wildfire (Buzz).
DISCLAIMER: We should not held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Install HBOOT Drivers (Windows Users only):
- Before start to proceed, you are recommended to create a backup of all your internal datas; eventhough it is not needed.
- Charge your device battery fully inorder to avoid the device getting switched off during the middle of the process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Install HBOOT Drivers (Windows Users only):
- Initially, you are required to download the unrEVOked modified USB driver and expand it somewhere you will remember.
- After that Turn OFF your phone, then boot it into the HBOOT menu by holding the power button and volume down button.
- On your phone, you have to select HBOOT USB at that menu by pressing the volume down button four times and then power button.
- Wait until the screen flashes through an “SD Checking” message before pressing buttons; otherwise, the phone will ignore keypresses.
- After that connect your phone to your Windows machine with the help of USB cable and wait for the phone to say HBOOT USB PLUG on screen.
- Now, Open the device manager and click start, then right click on computer, then click Properties, then click Device Manager.
- Under other devices, you should now see the android 1.0 device.
- Right Click on android 1.0 and click update driver software.
- Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on Browse and select the android USB driver folder on your computer, click OK, then click next.
- You should get a status bar indicating that the driver is installing. If you get any warnings, just click OK.
- Your driver should install. Click Close and make sure android bootloader interface is listed under android phone.
Incoming search terms:
- unrevoked modified usb driver
- hboot driver