If you want to install the rooted ROM in your device you need to install Android SDK and ADB drivers so you can backup your stock Android OS. And also you need to install the new “rooted” ROM.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- First download the rooted ROM zip file from here to your computer.
- Once you downloaded then copy the zip file into the root directory of your SD card.
- Then install the Android SDK and ADB drivers into your device by following this steps:
- First, download the appropriate Android SDK for your platform (Windows, Mac or Linux)
- For this, you need Java on your computer. If you don’t have Java in your computer, then go to Java.com and install the appropriate Java for your platform (not browser).
- Once you downloaded the Android SDK, unzip it into the directory you can remember such as c:\SDK (for Windows).
- Run SDK Setup.exe (for Windows, others should be similar), and you will get an option to install the Android SDK.
- Once the SDK setup starts, select available packages and check off on the respository.xml and you should see a bunch of options to install.
- Select just “SDK Platform for android 2.1″ and “USB Driver” package” as seen here.
- If you get an error message with something about HTTPS, you can check out “Force https:// … using http://” under Settings and try the above step again.
- Once you have got the two stuff installed, you are almost done, just close the SDK setup program.
- Next you need to install ADB drivers. For instructions to install ADB Drivers go to this link.
- Once you installed Android SDK and ADB drivers then come back to the next step.
- Once your phone is in “recovery” mode and your phone is recognized by your computer, unzip the EVO-recovery.zip into a directory.
- Open up a command prompt, go to the directory where you unzipped the files.
- Then from there, run “recovery-windows.bat” for Windows, “recovery-mac.sh” for Mac, “recovery-linux.sh” for Linux.
- If you don’t get any errors then your device will now entered into the recovery mode. You can see the menu option there.
How to Backup your Stock Android System:
- And you can also found the option for Backup. If you want to backup your stock android then go to the backup option.
- Select the “Nand backup” using the volume buttons then hit the power button.
- Hit the power button again and your HTC Evo 4G should start backing up.
- Once it is complete, you should know how to Backup Stock ROMs on your HTC Evo 4G.
- Now, let’s return to the main menu by selecting “Return” and hitting the power button.
How to Wipe your HTC Evo 4G:
- You will need to complete “wipe” your HTC Evo 4G before installing any new ROMs, so select “Wipe” then hit the power button.
- Select “Wipe data/factory reset” then hit the power button. Hit power button one more time.
- Once that’s done, select “Wipe Dalvik-cache” and hit the power button. Hit power button one more time.
- Return to the main menu again and select “Flash zip from SD card” and hit the power button.
- Select “Supersonic_1.32.651.1_rooted.zip” then hit the power button. Hit it again.
- Once that’s done, simply reboot your phone and voila, now you have completely freed your HTC Evo 4G with a “rooted” ROM.
- If you want to check whether the ROM is installed in your device just go to the Application menu there if you see an app called “Superuser Permissions” then you have successfully rooted your phone and also learned how to backup/install custom ROMs on your HTC Evo 4G.
NOTE : You can now install custom ROM apps that will allow you to install new ROMs on the fly without going through these steps, just go to the android market and search for “ROM”.
Incoming search terms:
- install rom rooted evo 4g