Sony ercisson have entered the android race quite bit late with their latest flagship device Xperia S Sony have made sure to produce a device that stays a level below the top dogs of android device with specs that are a year old.
But Xperia S has its own advantage with its 12MP camera and along with its beautiful UI and home launcher which are displayed on a 4.2inch 720p display is a thing to watch. The UI is smooth and fluid with no lag. What makes the UI even more interesting is their timescape UI.
If you are a fan of this UI and you have always wanted to try this UI out then don’t worry because you don’t have to buy a Sony phone just for the experience. Thanks to XDA developer ra3al have made the Sony Xperia S UI, widgets and wallpapers available for any other android device.
If you are worried that the UI might not work properly because of issues with screen resolution then don’t worry because ra3al have made sure that the UI supports a number of resolution. The list of resolution that the UI supports are:
- QVGA (240×320)
- HVGA (320×480)
- WVGA (480×800)
- FWVGA (480×854)
- qHD (540×960)
- HD (720×1280)
- HD (720×1186) – Galaxy Nexus
- WXGA (800×1280) – Galaxy Note
So if you want to try this UI out on your android device then we have prepared a guide for you that will help you to install this UI on your android device and enjoy the Xperia S UI.
But be warned that there is no guarantee that the UI will work smoothly in your device so you perform this procedure at your own risk. Continue reading to find out the instructions.
Requirements For Installing The Xperia S UI
- Rooted android phone that is running either Android 2.3.3 or Android 4.0 with CWM installed
- File manager app installed on your phone such as Astro file manager etc.
- Make backup of all your data
How To Install Xperia S UI
- Make a Nandroid backup of your current installation from the recovery.
- If you have previous version of Xperia S home launchers installed then uninstall it by download the uninstaller package Uninstall_XPERIA_S_Home.zip
- After downloading the uninstaller package transfer it to your SD card and reboot into CWM
- In your CWM recovery main menu select install zip from SD card and then select the uninstaller package and run it.
- After the process is complete reboot your phone.
- Download the Xperia S launcher APK that matches the screen resolution of your device.
- After you have downloaded use the file manager app that you have installed to navigate to the location of the APK and install it
- If you want the Xperia S widgets then download the Widget Picker and install it. Then you can install various widgets through there APK file.
Congratulations you have installed the Xperia S home launcher and widgets on your android device. Do let us know what you think about the Xperia S UI on your device.