Making free VoIP calls from your android device can help you to save you on your bills and also enjoy long distance conversation with your friends and family. But most of the VoIP calls involves that the other party should have the same app installed in their smartphone.
If they don’t have the app installed then you have to call up on their landline number or mobile which is going to cost you more as you are billed on a per minute basis.
If you want to avoid being billed on a per minute basis then we have prepared a guide for you that will enable you to make and receive calls to your android device free of cost through your 3G, 4G or WI-FI connections from USA or Canada.
Apps That You Need To Make Free Calls
For this process to work you need two apps:
- Groove IP which you can download from the Play Store for $4.99. This app will allow you free calls functionality on any android device
- Google Voice which is a free app available in Play Store. This app allows you to make free calls to USA and Canada
Having both these apps will make sure that your internet connection will be using for making and receiving calls on your android device which are not dependent on the minutes that you have talked. However Google voice will only work for residents in USA
Limitations Of This Method
If you are going to use Google Voice then you can’t call emergency and international numbers apart from USA and Canada. IF you are still going to make international calls then you will be charged by Google according to their rates.
In addition to this setback you need to use a Google account that you don’t use for logging into Gtalk because Google Voice can route one call at a time.
Instructions For Making Free Calls To USA And Canada
If you are going to make and receive free international calls then follow the instructions given below
- Register and create a Google Voice account and also you need a USA phone number which the Google voice will verify
- After logging in to the Google voice account go to settings so that you can forward calls to your Google chat account. To enable this click on Phone tab and set forward calls to your google chat account.
- Now purchase and download Groove IP app. After you have installed it log in to your Google Voice account to make calls either through 3G, 4G or WI-FI
- After you have completed the last step now you can make free calls to USA and Canada and at the same time receive free international calls.
So there you have an easy guide that will enable you to make free calls to USA and Canada. Do let us know what you think about it and if also there are any other ways with which you can make and receive free international calls.