This tutorial will helps you how to re-root HTC Wildfire S (Marvel) after applying 2.26.401.3 update and consequently losing root. You can re-root via installing root.zip. So, let’s begin:
WARNING: Best android blog won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps. So, root your device at your own risk.
Pre-requisites for re-root:
- First download the android.zip from here.
- Once you downloaded then extract the same to C:\android.
- Download the Clockwork Recovery v188.8.131.52 image and put it in the C:\android folder.
- Next download the root.zip from here.
- Make sure whether you have installed the HTC Sync drivers.
Instructions to re-root:
- First disable the “Fast Boot” (Go to Settings>Power>Uncheck “Fast Book”) and Enable “USB Debugging”(go to Settings>Applications>Development>check “USB debugging”).
- Then turn off your phone and let it to shut down completely. Do not connect it to the computer yet.
- Hold Power Button and Volume Down for a few seconds until you see HBOOT screen, and then wait again few seconds for the normal system scan.
- Navigate to Fastboot and now connect your phone to the computer. (You should see the change of “FASTBOOT” to “FASTBOOT USB” on your screen. If not install the drivers = HTCSync)
- Enter the CMD on your computer and navigate to your android folder (type cd C:\android), then type fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-marvel.img.
- When flashing is done, turn off your phone and allow it to shutdown completely.
- Turn on your phone and allow to Android boot. Connect it to PC (Choose connection type: DISK DRIVE) and copy root.zip to the root of the SD card.
- Turn off your phone and allow it to shut down completely.
- Hold the Power button and Volume Button for a few seconds until you see HBOOT screen, and then wait again for a few seconds for the normal system scan.
- Navigate to Recovery and in the recovery menu select the “install zip from sd card”.
- In the next menu select “choose zip from sd card” and find the “root.zip” file in the list (select it).
- Wait until the script do its work. When it is finished you will see “Install from sd card completed”.
- Select “Go Back” and then select “Power off” to turn off your phone (let it shutdown completely).
- Turn on your phone and allow Android boot.
- Then go to Google Play Market and download Superuser.apk and install it.
That’s it you are now re-rooted.
Incoming search terms:
- how to reroot htc wildfire s