Looking for a way to root your ALCATEL OT-918, or maybe even your ALCATEL M? Well then here’s just the thing for you, a complete tutorial on the whole of the rooting procedure.
(Download the below mentioned three files, for they will be of later use in the process)
If you’re looking for a way to root your ALCATEL OT-918, or maybe even your ALCATEL M other than the usual SuperOneClick way in which the most of the devices fail and result to be bricked, then the below mentioned procedure is just the thing for you.
We bring to you the entire method for all those users who are tired of the failures from SuperOneClick application, so without having anything else said, let’s just go over the method.
- Unzip the usb_driver.zip file and extract it to somewhere you might easily find it, preferably the desktop.
- Then Install the drivers (phone shall not be off an plugged in)
- Copy the fileSuperuse-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip to the root of your SD Card.
Note: Before you continue with the rest of the process, make sure that the battery on your device is full.
- Head over to the directory SP_Flash_tool_v2.1134.00 and start FlashTool.exe
- Go over to the menu > options > USB mode and ensure that it is enabled.
- Use the attached scatter file to create scatter. As an alternative you can also choose the Android_2.3.6_MT6573_Android scatter_918.txt
Please ignore the Warnings/Errors like this:
- [Warning Hint] Get BMT block count fail, default BMT block count is used!
- [Hint] Bootloader files are lost when automatically loading by scatter file.
- Please make sure you want to go through anyway.
- DSP_BL is unchecked, which may result in a boot failure
- Check the entry with the name “Recovery” and double click it.
- Select the recovery.img file and again make sure only one entry is checked.
- Click the download button and connect your phone via the USB cable. It will take some time so, wait until the recovery file is loaded to your phone.
- Unplug your phone from PC and press the Volume up and Power button at once.
- Select “Flash zip from SD card” and navigate to select the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip.
- Confirm, update and reboot your phone.
- Everything should be running just fine.
- Check your device for the rooted proof, an image of which I have attached below. If you happen to find a different result, go over the process again and look for what you possibly could have done wrong.
For those looking for some help on the process, I have duly attached these screenshots, so if you have a problem or want to have a closer look, you can surely refer to the images below:
ALCATEL Scatter Retriever v0.1
Here is a very useful and important tool which will automatically create scatter files for your ALCATEL device. Don’t hesitate to use it for it has been tested successfully on quite some Android device and happens to work just fine.
I have tried my level best to be as descriptive and helpful as possible for the rooting tutorial, but still if you happen to have a question for me or a query in the process, leave a comment in the comment section below this post.
Incoming search terms:
- alcatel 918 mix
- alcatel 918 root brom error
- alcatel a564c root
- bootloader files are lost when automatically loading by scatter file
- get bmt block count fail default bmt block count is used