The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users can now root the Android 4.1 firmware and install ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery. Full credits goes to the XDA Senior Member ketut.kumajaya who comes up with this update.
Rooting allows many different functions like accessing system files, overclocking (along with the use of a custom kernel), while ClockworkMod recovery can be used to install custom ROMs, factory reset the device, backup and restore ROMs etc; so people who is looking for to install ClockworkMod on the leaked Android 4.1 firmware will get a clear idea to do that so; after reading this article.
In due course of this article we guide you how to root and install ClockworkMod recovery on the official leaked Android 4.1 firmware on the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
The guide and instructions we are given below are one and only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, model number P3100. So don’t try this on any other device. Check your device’s model number in: Settings » About tablet.
DISCLAIMER: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
How to Root and Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100:
1. Before start to root and install CWM Recovery on your device make sure that you have the leaked Android 4.1 Jelly Bean firmware installed on your tablet.
2. And also, take a back up of all your data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call log, Bookmarks etc;) present in your phone. Just in case, if you lost your data, you can easily recover them with the help of backup.
3. It is vital to have proper drivers for the tablet to install this firmware in your device. If you have installed Samsung’s KIES Software, and have connected your tablet atleast once with KIES, then you already have the drivers. If not, then download and install KIES and connect your device at least once then disconnect and reboot your device and PC.
Click here to download KIES
4. Now, download the root/ ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery package from here and extract the downloaded zip file.
5. Now, again download the Odin file, which will be used to flash the firmware on your tablet.
6. Extract the contents of the Odin file to a folder on your computer.
7. Disconnect your tablet if it is connected with Computer, and then Switch it OFF.
8. Now, allow the device to enter into the Download Mode; you can do so by pressing the Volume Up button and holding the Power button together. After that a Warning! screen will come up; then again press Volume Up key to continue to enter Download mode.
9. Now, Open the Odin file then connect your device to PC. After that you should get the message “Added!” under Odin’s message box in the bottom left.
NOTE : If you don’t get the Added! message, then probably there is a problem with drivers. So, make sure you have proper drivers installed. Also, uninstall the KIES from the control panel as well (this will leave the drivers on the computer but remove KIES which can interfere with the procedure).
10. In ODIN, Click on PDA and select the ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery package file which we have mentioned in the step 4.
IMPORTANT : Do not make any other changes in Odin except selecting the required files as given in step 9. Leave all other options as they are. Make sure Re-partition option is not selected and is unchecked.
11. Now, hit the START button to start flashing the root/CWM package. When the flashing is complete, your tablet will automatically reboot — and when you see the Samsung logo, you can safely unplug the cable. Plus, you’ll get a PASS (with green background) message in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin.
NOTE : If ODIN gets stuck and doesn’t seem to be doing anything, or you get a FAIL message (with red background) in ODIN, disconnect the tablet from the PC, close ODIN, then press and hold Volume Up + Power keys till the device reboots and shows the Warning! screen. Here, press Volume Up key to continue to enter Download Mode, then repeat the procedure again from Step 8.
12. After the tablet boots up, you will have root access as well as ClockworkMod recovery installed.
13. To try out ClockworkMod recovery, turn off the tablet then, hold down Volume Down + Power buttons together, then when the screen turns on, let go of power button but keep holding the Volume down button for a few seconds to boot into the recovery.
14. In recovery, you can use the volume buttons to navigate and the power button to select items.
And Now that’s it you have successfully rooted and installed ClockworkMod recovery in your Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Incoming search terms:
- cwm for samsung p 3100