Guys if you want to root your Galaxy Note 2 by using Linux or Ubuntu, instead of Window, then this tutorial will help you. So, let’s start.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- We strongly advise you to take backup before start to root. Because rooting may wipe your datas completely. So, backup everything so that you can recover them after you finish the rooting procedure.
- Then charge your device battery fully to avoid your device getting switched off during the middle of the process.
- Then disable all the antivirus suites both in your computer and device. Because this may interrupt the rooting procedure.
- First, download the Galaxy Note 2 Root Mac Linux.zip and unzip
- Next copy the file CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip to the internal storage of your Galaxy Note 2.
- Turn off your Galaxy Note 2. Then hold down the volume down, home button and power buttons together until you see the warning screen.
- Next connect the micro USB cable from your Galaxy Note 2 to your Linux/Ubuntu computer.
- Then double click on heimdall_1.3.2_i386.deb to install Heimdall for Linux.
- Next open up a terminal and type:
- Replace “Username” with your username.
- If you have heimdall installed correctly, you should get a bunch of output like shown below:
- Next type:
heimdall flash-recovery recovery.img
Heimdall should flash recovery image (CWM Recovery) to your Note 2 and reboot.
- Once your phone reboots, turn it off. Then hold down Volume up button, Power buttons together until you see CWM Recovery.
- Choose “install zip from SD card” and hit the power button.
- Next select “Choose zip from SD card” and hit the power button.
- Again select the “CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip” and hit Power button.
- Then choose “YES”. This will give you root and Superuser app.
- Reboot and you should find a new app called SuperSU. That’s the Superuser app and your Note 2 should be fully rooted.
Incoming search terms:
- root n7010