If you have a HTC Butterfly X920D smartphone in your hand and searching for a best tutorial to root then you are at the right place. Please be informed that before start to root your device, it is necessary to install any custom recoveries in your HTC Butterfly X920D smartphone.
Plenty of custom recoveries is available, but out of these, TWRP is the most commonly used recovery. It offers a user friendly interface. And the menus in this recovery can be used by touching the screen, rather then by volume up/down buttons.
Before start to see the instructions to root your HTC Butterfly X920D smartphone first let’s see how to install the TWRP recovery in your device.
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side before start to try anything newly in your device. Since, don’t have previous knowledge in the new thing there is a lot of chance to do anything wrong. If you try this in your smartphone, there is a chance to wipe your datas. So, take a backup of all your datas with the help of backup applications.
1. To Backup SMS in your smartphone use SMS SyncUp app.
2. To Backup Call Logs follow this tutorial : How to backup and Restore Call logs.
3. Images, Songs, Videos and Files : Copy them to internal/External SD card.
4. Contacts : Sync them with the Gmail application.
5. APN and MMS Settings : Note down the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
Or else just try this app (Super Backup) – This will backup everything in your android phone.
- Once you backup everything, next charge your HTC Butterfly X920D phone fully or else just charge upto 70% to avoid the device getting switched off during the middle of the process.
How to check Battery Percentage in Android Phones:
1. Just dial *#*#4636#*#* and it will come up with four options -Phone information, Battery information, Usage statistics and Wifi information.
2. Tap on Battery information and it will show remaining battery level along with other related options including battery temperature, time since boot and battery health.
3. You can also use third party apps such as battery widget, battery solo widget or any other similar apps to know your battery usage percentage right on your home screen.
- Next again check whether the USB Debugging option in your smartphone is enabled by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- Next, disable or uninstall all the antivirus suites in your HTC Butterfly X920D smartphone so, that it won’t interrupt the rooting process.
- Next, the most important thing is to unlock the bootloader of your HTC Butterfly X920D smartphone. Just follow the instructions at the HTC Dev website to unlock your phone’s bootloader if it isn’t unlocked already.
DISCLAIMER : The procedure given below is considered to be risky. So, try them at your own risk. Please do not attempt anything unless you don’t know what exactly it is. Best android blog would not be held responsible/liable for anything if it goes wrong.
A) How to install TWRP Recovery:
- First download and install the TWRP Recovery installer from here to your computer (Windows only).
- So, once you downloaded then extract the contents or the archive.
- From the extracted files, run the one named ‘Start Here’ to launch command prompt.
- Enter the following command to enter the phone into the bootloader mode:
adb reboot bootloader
- So, once your phone is in fastboot mode, enter the following command:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the recovery is flashed, enter the following command to reboot the device:
Now, that TWRP recovery has been flashed, we can move onto flashing the root package.
B) Procedure to Root :
- So, once you installed the TWRP recovery in your device, next download the root package file from here to your computer.
- Once you downloaded the rooting package, copy the same into the root of your phone’s SD card.
- Next reboot the device into the bootloader mode and select ‘Recovery’.
- Once in the recovery, tap the ‘Install’ button and select the zip file you have already copied in the root of your SD card.
- When it is prompted, swipe the arrow key to the right to start the installation procedure.
- Once the installation is complete, tap the “Reboot System” option.
That’s it. You’ve done. Once the device reboots, it should be rooted. If you have a doubt whether it is successfully rooted or not then download the root checker app from Google Play Store and run it to confirm that the device has been rooted.
Incoming search terms:
- How To Root x920d