This is the tutorial to root HTC Desire HD device. Along with rooting we also give instructions to install H-Boot and custom recovery image.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
1. Download Paul’s Visionary + Tool:
- First click here to download the Paul’s visionary tool.
- Then install the Visionary on your DHD.
- Run it, enable “Set system r/w after root.
- Click “Temproot Now!” – Wait until it’s finished
- Click Attempt Permroot now.
- DHD automatically reboot’s.
If you want to check everything goes fine then download it from the market application “terminal emulator” run it, type su. If you get # this symbol then it mean’s that everything went fine. So, proceed to the next step.
2. Install Engineering Version of HBOOT to get S-off.
(HTC Boot means HTC Bootloader which is something like BIOS to your PC. Please make a note that this step is optional and it is not required in order to flash custom ROM’s on your DHD but gives you more freedom with your device).
- Download sfjuocekr DHD script for flashing HBOOT from here.
- Unzip it and copy it to your SD card.
(Please make a note that it is important you have on your SD Card root directory with the name DHD and all the files inside this directory. Rename DHD-Smart folder on your SDcard to DHD).
- Run terminal emulator and type su.
- Type “sh /sdcard/DHD/check (You should type “sh” in front of command)
- If everything went OK then type sh /sdcard/DHD/backup.
- If this also went OK Proceed with sh /sdcard/DHD/hboot
This command will install engineering HBoot which have S-Off turned off.
3. Install Custom Recovery Image:
- Since ROM Manager now officially support’s desire HD, we will use it to download and install custom clockwork image.
- Run android market app on your DHD and download and install ROM manager app from market.
- Then download and install ROM Manager.
- Run ROM Manager and select the first option (Flash the ClockworkMod Recovery)
- Then wait until ROM Manager says that installation went successfully (Current version of ClockWorkMod is 184.108.40.206)
- After installation tap in ROM Manager option reboot into recovery to test that everything went well.
- DHD Should reboot in clockwork recovery manager.
Incoming search terms:
- htc desire hd recovery instalation
- htc desire hd root and custom recovery
- install best android rom for htc desire s
- TERMS HBOOT reboot