If you own a HTC Evo 4G LTE device, then now your device can be rooted with the help of this easy tutorial we’ll be sharing in this post. Rooting the device isn’t difficult and requires minimal steps.
The advantage of rooting your device is once your device is rooted, you can easily install Custom ROM and other apps which require root access.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE
- The tutorial we would see today is compatible only with HTC Evo 4G LTE. So, make sure you try this tutorial only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE
- Initially, download the Rooting package in your PC. After downloading, extract it.
- Next, connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable and open the ‘runme.bat’ file by double-clicking on it in order to initiate the process of rooting. This file can be found from the extract folder. Readers need to note that you will have to choose the option “1″ and hit the Enter key to root your phone which can be accomplished by following on screen instructions.
- As the rooting process gets completed, the device would restart on its own. Once the device is rebooted, disconnect the phone from the computer by removing the USB cable.
So, here you are done with process of rooting your HTC EVO 4G LTE.