So, guys if you bought a new HTC One V smartphone which is running on the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich version and so if you want you can root your device.
This tutorial will assist you to root. Please be aware that once you root your device the warranty of your device may get void. But don’t worry for that you can reclaim your device warranty by using stock ROM.
But keep in mind that your device original life won’t begin unless you root that. Once you do that, it lets you to expand the functionality of your phone and allows you to do more things on your phone than before; like custom kernels and ROMs which increases the both performance and battery. Not only for this rooting also allows you to install your favorite app from the Google Play Store.
- Take backup of all your datas before start to proceed, because all your datas and apps will get deleted after rooting.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 60% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of the process.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may too interrupt the process.
- Make sure your HTC One V device bootloader is unlocked.
- Finally you need to have the Superboot image.
- Further you need to have USB cable, Windows PC, Mac OS or Linux (you will need only one)
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- First unzip the files from the Superboot rar file and put them on your desktop for easy access.
- Then turn off your device and boot up it into the bootloader mode.
- To boot up into the bootloader mode you need to press and hold the Volume down key then press the power key.
- So, once you entered into the bootloader mode, connect your HTC One V to your PC using the USB cable
- Select all other supported models (complete bootloader unlocking from the HTCDev website.
- Once you unlock your device then come back here again
A) Windows Only :
If you are using a Windows PC, run the install-superboot-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.
B) Mac OS Only:
If you are running Mac OS, then open a Terminal Window at the place where you have put extracted files, it should be Desktop. Type the following commands in the Terminal:
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
C) Linux Only:
If you are having Linux as your OS, then open a Terminal where the extracted files exist and type in the following commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh
- It will take a few seconds to root your HTC One V.
- When it’s done, disconnect your phone from the Window, Mac or Linux
That’s it! Now, you have successfully rooted your HTC One V device. Congrats!