Now, its very simple to root and install the latest Clock Work Recovery Version in the device Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0. By using this recovery version you can customize your device the way you want. Here we have share the procedures and instructions to root and install the same in your device.
All the credits will go to the dimosthenisK developer who has come up with this work around.
Please make note that once you root the device, the warranty will get abandoned. For getting back the lost warranty, you will need to apply the original factory firmware again. So be assure that whether your device is rooted or not. If you are not assure the same then download the “Root checker” app from the Google PLAY store and check whether the device is rooted or not.
Disclaimer: We should not be held responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this firmware update procedure given below.
Pre-Requisites to Root and Install Custom Recovery Image in Samsung Galaxy Player:
- Before you start to apply this update in your device make sure that you have created a backup of all the data (i.e SMS, MMS, Contacts etc.) that you had in your phone; so that if you lost, you can get back everything with the help of backup.You may also use KIES tool for creating a backup that may help you to restore all the data easily.
- Keep a minimum of 50% battery level in your device to prevent your device from switched-off during the update.
- Ensure all the antivirus applications in your device and computer are switched off, to avoid any disruption from them.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned procedures, you can now head over to the next steps by following the procedures given below.
How to Root Galaxy Player 5.0 and Install Clock Work Mod Recovery?
- To begin with that first download the CWM Package for US Galaxy Player Variant and CWM Package for International Galaxy player Variant from here to your computer.
- Once you have downloaded, unzip the same in your computer to get the tar file, then as soon as download the SuperOne Click Zip file in your computer along with the Odin tool.
- Open the Odin tool in your computer and turn OFF your device so that it can be entered in the download mode.
- In the Galaxy S II GT I9100 device it can be entered by pressing the Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the power button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download mode has been entered.
- Connect your Galaxy S2 with your computer / Laptop and then in Odin you will see that the ID : COM section will turn Yellow indicating that all the drivers are installed successfully.
Just in case if ID : COM section does not turn Yellow, you need to check with two things which are given below:
1. Install the USB Drivers in your computer
2. Then go to the path “Settings > Wireless & Network > USB Settings” and ensure that “Samsung KIES” option is ticked before connecting the phone to the computer.
- Once you have installed all the drivers successfully then, click on “PDA” to select tar file and then proceed by clicking the “Start” button.
- After that it will take few more minutes to apply this update. Once you have rooted everything successfully the device will show with the language selection settings etc.
- You can enter into the Recovery mode in Samsung Galaxy Player by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (i.e the middle button). While holding these both buttons, turn ON your device.
In case the device gets into the boot loop sequence or say gets stuck in the welcome screen, just re-insert the battery and re follow the aforementioned instructions which means you have to follow the all instructions again.
There you go! Now you have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 and Install Clock Work Mod Recovery.