In this article, we will show you how to root Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. It is especially made for the phones with XXLD1 firmware (European), but you can use this method also on ZSDL1, DDLD4, DXLD1, VJLD1, ZSLE4, JPLD3 and XXLE2 firmware. You can check the firmware version by tapping the option Phone Settings > About Phone and note down the same as this will use later.
Please make a note that you can done this only in Windows and also rooting will void your device warranty. But you can reclaim the same by applying official firmware. This rooting tutorial will works only on Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 so don’t try this in any other device. You can check your device model number also from Settings > About Phone.
DISCLAIMER: We should not held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to root Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070:
- Before start to proceed you are recommended to backup the data such as SMS, MMS, Contacts, Call Logs, Images, Audios, Wi-Fi, APN Settings etc. Because this procedure may wipe your datas completely.
- You need to turn on the Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070. You can done this simply by following the path ‘Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging’ and ticking the USB Debugging option box.
- After that charge the device battery fully and also disable the system tools such as Samsung KIES, firewall program etc because this may interrupt in the process.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070:
1. First, download GT-I9070-root.rar, from here to your PC. Once you have downloaded then extract it somewhere on your local disk.
2. Once you extracted, then run the program Odin3 v1.83.exe.
3. After that Turn OFF your device, so that it can be entered into the download mode. For that you need to press the Volume Down+ Home button + Power button simultaneously until android robot image appears.
4. After that connect your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 to the computer with the help of original USB cable and wait until Odin recognize your phone. Once, the odin recognize your device then the ID:COM Section turns yellow if not so then reconnect your device.
5. Now, click the PIT file and browse for GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit, you have already extracted this file in step 2.
6. After that choose PDA rootkernel.tar.md5.
7. After that check what are all the options are selected only auto reboot and F.Reset time should be selected other than these the Re-Partition, Flash Lock, Phone EFS Clear, Phone Bootloader Update everything should be unselected.
8. After that tap the “Start” Butoon and wait until the process has been complete. Once it has been over, then the device will reboot automatically.
10. Download and install Superuser or SuperSU application from market and enjoy the rooted phone. And also, download Busybox to install busyboxbinary.
Congrats! You have now successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S Advance I9070 android smartphone.