If you are a Samsung Rugby Smart (SGH-I847, Galaxy W Variant) users and are looking for a good tutorial to root your device, then this will help you.
If you wanna to root your device by using stock recovery, then do remember that it will erase your data and your SD card so take a backup.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that takes place to your device while following these procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- We strongly advise you to take full backup of your data with backup applications.
- Then charge your device battery fully or else your device may get switched off during the middle of the process due to battery low. Minimum 75% is recommended from our side.
- And also disable or uninstall all the antivirus suites in your mobile because this may interrupt the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your device by following the path “Settings > Applications > USB Debugging”.
How to root Samsung Rugby Smart using Stock Recovery:
- First download the Update.zip file from here.
- Once you downloaded, plug your device to the computer via USB Cable and copy the downloaded file in your SD card.
- After that boot your device into the recovery mode by using the steps which we have given in the box:
1. First turn off your phone, then press the Power key and Volume Up keys simultaneously. Then the Samsung logo will appear for a few seconds and then disappear. Continue to press the Power key and Volume Up keys.
2. When the Samsung logo reappears, release the Power key and Volume Up keys then press and hold the MENU key.
3. Continue to press the MENU key for 15-20 seconds, until Recovery mode is launched and the Android System Recovery icon is displayed.
4. Then release the Menu key and then press the Menu key again.
5. The following options are displayed:
- reboot system now: this option turns on your phone.<br />â€¢ apply update from sdcard: this option allows you to apply updates from your memory card to your phone.
- wipe data/factory reset: deletes all data from the phone except pictures and videos.
- wipe cache partition: allows you to delete all cache data such as log files.
- install fota: allows you to install over-the-air firmware.
7. Use the Volume Up/Down keys to scroll up or down, then press the key to make a selection.
- Select the apply update from SD card and select the update.zip file with the home button.
- Now choose the reboot system now and confirm the reboot.
That’s it your Samsung Rugby Smart should have root now.
NOTE : The above mentioned procedure is for Stock Recovery. It has been reported that custom recovery are causing problems during rooting. If you use a custom recovery and if it cause any problems, then flash the stock recovery via ODIN first and then apply the rooting.