Sony Ericsson Users got interesting news as if even you’re a user of this device and running the latest version of ICS, then you can simply root your device easily by the guide we would be sharing today. Readers need to be aware that once you apply the update, the warranty gets void and the only way to revoke the warranty is by applying the official update. Also make sure that you are using ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware. Let us checkout the steps to root your device along with pre-requisites.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps. Its always recommended to make a full backup of Sony Ericsson Xperia RAY before doing the rooting work.
Pre-requisites to Root Sony Ericsson Xperia RAY on ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware – Easiest Method
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Sony Ericsson Xperia RAY. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Root Sony Ericsson Xperia RAY on ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware – Easiest Method
- First of all, grab the Xperia Ray Rooting Package to your Computer.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your device.
- Connect your phone to Computer with USB cable.
- Once you connect your device to the computer, open the “runme.bat” in your computer.
- After that, press 1 and hit so as to start the rooting process. After rooting process is completed, busy box and superuser will be installed in your device and it will show a notice on your screen saying “All Done” which indicates that your device has been rooted successfully.
So, you’re done with rooting your Sony Ericsson Xperia RAY on ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware.