This is the tutorial to root Sony Xperia Z device. This tutorial may wipe your datas completely. So, do a backup of all your apps, contacts, SMS, MMS, APN Settings etc.
- Sony Xperia Z with stock Sony Jellybean firmware.
- It works on both locked/unlockable bootloaders
- ADB Drivers installed (If you are using Windows 8 you will need to enable few things to allow driver installation)
- Rooting Toolkit package.
Disclaimer : Users are Reporting that NFC is broken after this root method. So, try this at your own risk. Best android blog will not be held responsible incase your device is damaged in this process. You have been Warned.
- First increase screen timeout to ten minutes Settings -> Display -> Sleep -> 10 mins
- Next enable the USB debugging : Settings -> Developer options -> Enable and Settings -> Developer options -> USB Debugging (check it)
- Then enable install from “unknown sources”: Settings -> Security -> Unknown source (check it)
- Next download the rooting package and save it on C:\
- Exit all adb requiring apps like PC Suite, PC Companion, Flashtool etc as they will interfere with the rooting process.
- Extract the Entire contents of the package (and not just one file) to some directory on c:\
- Once you are ready with all the above connect phone to PC and execute ”runme.bat” from the location where the entire contents are extracted.
- Press enter to start the process, as the device is detected the toolkit will start executing steps one by one.
- Keep watching the command prompt and wait for the following to come up “press the button to restore the data in your phone“.
- At this point look at the device screen, an app will start, select Restore data.
- Now you will get ”if Restoring data is complete,” in the command prompt
- At this point open Phone & dial *#*#7378423#*#*
- Select “Service tests” in your phone operation.
- Select “Display” (screen will turn white), the toolkit will now start executing some commands.
- Now press power button to turn off screen wait for few seconds and press it power button again (repeat it a few time) till then keep observing the command prompt for outputs.
- You will see “transfer files to your phone part2“, “installing busybox,su,Superuser,etc…” & finally “Cleaning up“
- After that the device should automatically reboot
- Thats it device should now be rooted
If your device has unlockable bootloader then after applying this hack the bootloader status will turn ”Bootloader unlock allowed: No“. In that, case don’t worry the users have reported that doinga repair via SEUS will flash back stock firmware and turn this status to “Bootloader unlock allowed: Yes” (the same might also be achieved by flashing a stock FTF using FlashTool <yet to be confirmed>)
Incoming search terms:
- how to root sony xperia zc6606 10 31 e 0 191
- after rooting xperia z lock bootloader
- check rooting c6606
- how to root xperia z ultra with boot loader locked
- locked boot on sony xperia z 6606
- locked out of sony xperia z1
- xperia z root settings