The GSM & CDMA Desire users can now root their smartphone by using our given below tutorial. Rooting allows you to modify the phone’s firmware so as to allow for things like custom themes, apps and custom operating systems/ROMs.
Please make a note that once you root your device the warranty of the device may get void. But you can reclaim the same by applying the official firmware or stock firmware.
DISCLAIMER: We should not held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Root your GSM & CDMA Desire with Unrevoked 3.21:
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Root your GSM & CDMA Desire with Unrevoked 3.21:
- Initially, you have to download the appropriate link from here to your computer.
- Everyone can use this link Unrevoked3 and download this version for your OS.
- Windows users can download unrEVOked modified USB driver. The Windows users are recommended to install HBOOT drivers first. You can follow this tutorial for that.
1. Make sure you downloaded Unrevoked3 for your OS.
2. If you are on Windows, make sure you uninstall HTC Sync or any other program that might talk to the phone over USB (doubletwist, etc) because they will cause the problem.
3. Plug your phone into your computer with USB.
4. Drag down from the notification bar on your phone and select “Charge only” and “Remember this”.
5. Make sure your phone has USB Debugging turned on by going to Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development and checking USB debugging.
6. After that run the Reflash application that you downloaded.
7. Unrevoked will run its processes. Follow the few instructions it gives and that’s it.
Now, that’s it you have rooted successfully. Congrats!