In this article, we have present you how to root the HTC Droid Incredible 2 device via HTC Bootloader Unlock.
Please be informed that once you root your device the warranty of your device may get void. And also this is not a full unlock (S-off or to unlock your Sim card slot). Finally, this procedure is only for Windows not for Mac, Linux and Unix.
- Before start to proceed, we are highly recommend you to take backup of all your datas (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APN Settings etc) which was available in your phone. Just in case, you lost your data due to any reason you could recover them with the help of backups.
- We also advise you to charge your device battery fully. At-least 70% of charge is recommend from our side; to avoid your device getting switched off due to battery low during the middle of the process.
- And also disable or uninstall all the antivirus suites because this may interrupt the process.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not held responsible/liable for damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- You are going to want to head over to the HTC Developer site and make an account or sign in. Once you have done one of the two, you are going to want to click ‘Unlock Bootloader,’ then ‘Get Started.’ It will next ask you what device you are trying to unlock, click ‘Droid Incredible 2 (Verizon)’ then ‘Begin Unlock Bootloader.
- Then a pop up window will ask you if you are sure, just click ‘Yes.’ Then, another pop up window will appear, just tick the two boxes and press ‘Proceed to Unlock Instructions.’
- After that take your phone and remove and replace the battery. Once you replaced the battery hold the volume down button and the power button at the same time until a white screen shows up. You can use the volume rocker to highlight your selection, and the power button to select the highlighted selection.
- Now, plug the miniUSB cable and plug it into your computer to your phone. Next, make a folder on your computer in the C:\ Drive and give the folder name as android.
- After that download the ADB, Fastboot and ADBAPI.zip file and place all the three files into the android folder.
- Then unzip those files. After that download and install the android SDK Manager.
- After that go to the start menu and type in ‘cmd’ in the search bar and press enter. Then type in the following: (Or you could take the easy way of going to your C:\ drive and shift-clicking the folder and press ‘Open Command Window Here).
- After you have got into Command Prompt and are in the \Android folder, type in the following:
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
- You will then see a great big brick of random characters. Right click in the bottom right-hand corner of ‘<<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>’ and click ‘Mark…’ Hold down the left-mouse-button and select the great brick of text up until ‘<<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>’ (don’t highlight any of the ‘INFO’ things.)
- Then, right-click again and you will have the identifier token copied to your clipboard.
- Back on the HTC Dev site, it will ask you for your identifier; just paste the identifier in the box and it will send you an email with a .bin file (Unlock_code.bin) and just throw that into the folder with ADB and Fastboot.
- You are going to want to click the continue link that HTC Dev sent you as well to downloading the file. After you have finished downloading and put it in the folder, type in the following:
fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- After that press enter your phone screen will change. It will ask you if you are SURE you want to do this. Just press the volume rocker up and press the power button. Your phone will reboot and take you back to Android. It’s normal and it doesn’t mean it failed.
- Now, we are going to flash Clockworkmod recovery (CWM) onto your phone. For that you need to download the .iso from here and flash it to your phone.
- Once you downloaded place it into your ADB and fastboot folder. Once your phone has finished starting up, take out the battery out again and put it back into HBOOT mode.
- Just in case, you want to go back into Fastboot and flash the recovery by doing the following:
fastboot flash recovery recovery(press TAB)
- Once you press enter and fastboot says it has completed, it will just have the Fastboot screen. Just highlight ‘Bootloader’ and press the power button. Next, to make sure it worked. Scroll down to ‘Recovery’ (which is right under Fastboot) and select it. The HTC screen should show and then CWMR should come to life.
- Now we are going to install the SuperUser on to your phone now. Reboot your phone into regular Android.
- Now, you can plug it into the computer and make it a disk drive or pop out the miniSD card and put it into a converter.
- Next download the SuperUser and put it onto the miniSD. Now, put your phone back into CWMR.
- Now, use the volume rocker to scroll down to ‘install .zip from sd card’ and press the power button.
- After that find the SuperUser.zip and press the power button. And give ‘Yes’ by pressing the Volume Rocker button and then press the power button.
- Then wait until the CWMR is finish. After that restart your phone into android.
- Once it has finished the restarting, go into the app drawer and find the SuperUser app.
- Press the menu button and tap Settings. Scroll down to ‘Su Binary x.x.xx’ and tap it. On the bottom it will say ‘Update Binary,’ just tap that and it will do its ‘magic.’ Once SU has finished updating Binary, you have a rooted DINC2.
Incoming search terms: