The Samsung Galaxy Y Duos is the first Dual SIM android Smartphone from Samsung. There was no rooting mechanism for Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 but recently the XDA forum member millan.SIS has introduced a simple way to root your smartphone.
Once you have rooted your device, you can easily install and enjoy the many custom ROM firmwares. But please make a note that once you have rooted your device the warranty will get void but don’t worry if you install the stock firmware or official firmware you can reclaim the same. Take a look below we are providing a detailed guide for you to Root and Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Root/Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102:
- It is always better to take a backup of your datas before try anything newly in your device because their is a chance of your datas getting wiped off.
- Charge your battery fully or make sure the charge level is atleast 70% because if the battery level is low there is a chance to switch off your device during the middle of the process.
- Enable the USB debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos by following the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB Debugging”.
- Download and install the latest Samsung Galaxy Y Duos device driver from its official website. For this you need to have a Windows based computer and USB data cable.
- And finally we recommend you to disable the antivirus and firewall in your Computer as well as in your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos because this may interrupt in the process.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102:
- First you have to download the “Update.zip file” from here to your computer. Once you have downloaded then connect your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos to your computer with the help of USB cable and copy the zip file in the root of your SD card.
- Now, Turn OFF your phone so that it can be entered into the recovery mode for that you need to hold and press Power button + Volume Up button + Home key button simultaneously but release all the buttons when Samsung Galaxy Y Duos Logo appears now you will be in the recovery mode.
- Just in case, your device enter into the normal mode instead of recovery mode you need to try again until it enter into the recovery mode.
- Remember in recovery touchscreen the Volume up and down buttons and home key buttons will not work.
- So, once you entered into the recovery mode you need to select “install zip from SD card” > “custom zip from internal SD card” and then choose the ‘update.zip’ file which you have already placed in the root of your SD card.
- Now, you need to confirm the same by tapping ‘Yes’ option. Wait until the process has been complete.
That’s it now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 smartphone.
How to Unroot Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102:
- As i have already mentioned once you root your device the warranty will void if you revert back your warranty you need to unroot your device. For that too we have given the steps below take over a look.
- First you have to download the “unroot.zip” file from here to your computer. Once you have downloaded then then copy the same in your device with the help of USB cable.
- After that turn OFF your device and reboot the same to enter into the recovery mode.
- So, once you entered into the recovery mode you need to choose “unroot.zip”; after that you will see the busybox remover has been added in that.
- Now, you have successfully unroot your device.
NOTE : If having problem, use CWM to flash update.zip and unroot zip.
Incoming search terms:
- root unroot galaxy y 2 3 6