Dropbox is one of the most famous app which is used for storing files in the Cloud. It has clients in all mobile platforms, PC and Mac OS X as well. It is available in Google Plays Store for all android smartphones.
If you are a regular user of Dropbox and use it to store, sync and share your personal file or most important file, then you are advisable to protect them with passcode.
Here is the instruction to set the Passcode for Dropbox files:
- First open the Dropbox on your android device by choosing it from the app drawer.
- Then press the options or menu key on your phone for the menu to open up. Now choose settings from the list there.
- In the first column of dropbox settings category, choose Passcode lock.
- Now, within the passcode option you should first check the passcode lock button and turn it on.
- Dropbox will now ask you to set your four digit passcode, after which you will have to enter it again for confirmation.
- Once the passcode is set, you will have your passcode options enabled which will allow you to turn it off, change your existing passcode to a new one or erase all the data in your dropbox account when entered incorrectly in 10 attempts.
That’s it. Now, everytime you are opening the app, it will ask you the passcode without which your files won’t be displayed. Make a note that, choosing the erase all data option on Dropbox, it is quite a risk as all data from the device will be deleted. So, do consider before choosing this option and make the best use of this by choosing a strong passcode instead of poor ones like the consecutive numbers (33333) etc.
Incoming search terms:
- dropbox pin protect android app