If you have a GSM version of Galaxy Note 2 (such as AT&T Galaxy Note 2 SGH-i317, T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2 SGH-T999, or any Note 2 that has a SIM slot but SIM is locked to specific carrier), there is an easy way to unlock the SIM so you can use another SIM Card from another carrier or perhaps you want to unlock SIM so you can use your phone while traveling internationally.
The given below method is also works well in GSM version of Galaxy S3 by the way and and rooting is not required.
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
- First insert a SIM on your Note 2, you should find the familiar “SIM network unlock PIN” window.
- Dial “*#197328640#” on your Note 2 to enter special menus.
- Choose “UMTS”.
- Next choose “Debug screen”.
- Now, choose “Phone Control”.
- Choose “Network Lock”.
- Choose “Perso SHA256 OFF” and wait about 30 seconds.
- Press the Menu button then choose “Back”.
- Choose “NW Lock NV Data Initiallize” and wait about 1 minute. Then reboot your Note 2.
- Once rebooted, you should no longer get the Network Lock window anymore and you should be able to get signal and data. If you have trouble getting 3G/HSPA+ data, try setting the APN to your carrier’s settings although it should set automatically.
Incoming search terms:
- NW Lock NV Data Initiallize SGH-I317