Hi guys, here is a simple tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader in HTC One V.
- Take a nandroid backup of all your datas before start to proceed, because all your data/apps are gone so make a backup to to your PC first.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of the process.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may too interrupt the process
DISCLAIMER : Best Android Blog would not be held responsible/liable for any damages that occur to your device by following the given below procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
Instructions to Unlock the Bootloader:
1. Go to the HTCdev website first and create yourself an account on HTCDev
2. Next download these Fastboot files.
3. Make a new folder on your C:Drive called fastboot
4. Extract the zip downloaded in step 2 to the new folder.
5. Go here and select “All Other Supported Models” and “then begin unlock bootloader”
6. Yes, tick both boxes, proceed.
7. Skip upto step 8 as we have all we need for the first 7 steps.
8. Power off your phone by holding the power button down for 5-7 seconds (the three keys will flash a few times then it will power off)
9. Hold volume down button, the device will boot to HBOOT
10. Select Fastboot with volume up or down button then press power button once. (Once you have done that you will be in Fastboot mode)
11. Plug your phone into your PC and open a Command Prompt.
(windows XP – Click Start > Run > type CMD in box then press OK
(Windows 7 – Click Start > type CMD in search box then press Enter)
12. Cd to your folder where we put fastboot files cd c:\fastboot.
13. Type this into your command prompt window fastboot oem get_identifier_token
14. Select and copy the text as per step 9 on the HTCDev website.
15. Paste your identifier token into the box at the bottom and submit. You will very shortly receive an email from HTCDev with a link to the second part of the instructions and your “Unlock_code.bin” attached.
16. Download the “Unlock_code.bin” from the email and save it to the same folder that we extracted fastboot files to in step 2
17. Type this into your command prompt window fastboot flash unlock token Unlock_code.bin.
18. The display will change on your phone, press Volume Up to accept and power to confirm.
That’s it now you have successfully unlocked your Bootloader.
NOTE : Some people forget to make a nandroid backup for their stock ROM, after they successfully unlocked their device, when a soft brick happens, it will be a big problem to be back on stock when they are unable to find the official RUU for their device. So, after unlocked your device don’t do anything else yet, Just flash the CWM recovery and a nandroid of your stock ROM.
Incoming search terms:
- bootloader unlock one v
- sp6820 fastboot