This is the guide for the users who wants to install Accidental Jelly Bean 4.1.2 leak in Motorola Droid Razr smartphone.
If you follow the given below instructions precisely, you can maintain the root. But one sad thing is once you flash this firmware you could not able to go back at least not yet.
Full credits will goes to the XDA Senior Member spc_hicks09 who has come up with the downloads and instructions.
CAUTION : After installing this update you could not revert back to ICS. You have been Warned.
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side before you start to try anything new on your device. So, we strongly advice you to take backup of all your internal datas with the help of backup applications. Just in case, if you lost your data due to any reason after updating the firmware, you could easily recover them.
- And also make sure whether your device battery level is atleast 75% to avoid the risk of your device getting switched off during the middle of the updating process.
- Then Disable or Uninstall all the antivirus suites that you have installed in your mobile and computer. Because this may interrupt the process.
- Then finally enable the USB Debugging option by following the path Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging.
DISCLAIMER : Best android blog would not held responsible/liable for any damages takes to your device by following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
1. First download the Jelly Bean Update file from here and place it on the root of your external SD card. (Please be informed that you are not supposed to put that in any folders, just put it on the main part of the external SD Card).
2. Download and install Winrar free version from here.
3. Also Download Mattlgroff’s RAZR Utility v1.82 from here.
4. Finally download and install Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from the Play Store.
- Find the zip file for the RAZR utility you just downloaded and right click on it. Then Select the extract files and click OK.
- After that connect your phone to your PC with a USB cable in Fastboot Mode.
- Then go to the extracted folder from the utility and double click the Droid Razr Utility.bat file.
- Select option 1 to fastboot back to complete stock .211 (Note: If you’re just on stock rooted .211 with NO RECOVERY, skip this step. If the update fails, fastboot back to .211)
- After fastbooting back (it will take a while) Reopen the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file.
- Stay connected to the PC, with your phone ON normally, change the USB Connection to MTP Mode, now go to Settings > Developer Options, and turn on USB Debugging if you didn’t do that already.
- Use the DroidRAZRUtility.bat file again, this time select Option 2 which will root your .211 build.
- Open the app drawer on your phone and navigate to the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App and open the app.
- Once the app is open, allow it Superuser Permission, then select “Protect Root” and reboot the Device.
- Go back to the OTA Rootkeeper App and this time select “Temp Unroot.”
- Turn your phone off. Once powered down, press and hold the power button + volume down at the same for about 9 seconds, when the screen flickers, release the buttons and quickly press all 3 side buttons (power, vol+, vol-)
- You’re now in the bootloader, press the vol- button to highlight “Recovery” and press vol+ to select it.
- You’ll be greeted with an Android on his back, press both volume buttons at the same time here to enter stock moto recovery.
- Now in stock recovery, select “install update from external SD card.” and wait until the update finish installing. Usually it will take nearly 20-30 minutes) for installation.
- After the update is finished, simply reboot the phone.
Congo! You now have stock Jelly Bean on your Motorola Droid RAZR.
Now let’s get your root permissions back:
1. Reboot your phone normally after the update finishes installing.
2. Open the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper App
3. Select “Restore Root.”
Incoming search terms:
- how do i start razr in debug