The users of Archo’s G9 series tablets can now update their device Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.7 firmware. This release is rooted, deodexed and also has a new busybox installed. You can use this ROM in all Archos G9 tablets, but you need to activate SDE menu.
This Update includes:
- root access
- su binary the last updated to v3.1.1
- Superuser the last update to v3.1.3
- busybox installed & updated to v1.20.2
- deodexed ( all on system/app/* & system/framework/* )
- enabled init.d to run script
- removed Launcher2 , ArchosUpdate & OnlineRegistration !
- added some extra app
- updated to the last version : Maps, Street, Music2, MarketPlay, Google+, YouTube, Gmail !
- added GoLauncherHD !
DISCLAIMER: We should not held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre requisites to Update Archo’s G9 tablet with ICS 4.0.7 firmware:
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
How to Update Archo’s G9 tablet with ICS 4.0.7 firmware:
- Once you have downloaded, then copy the archos.ext4.update which you have downloaded in the step 1 to /mnt/storage/ , you can use this command > adb push archos.ext4.update /mnt/storage/
- After that go to SDE -> Developer Edition Menu ->( Remove Android Kernel if available ) -> Flash Kernel & Initramfs here you need to copy zImage & Initramfs.cpio.Izo file.
- After that wait until the system has reboot. Please make a note that the first boot may take longer time than the expected time.
NOTE : Just in case, if bootanimation freezes on your first boot please reset the device by pressing and holding power button for 10 seconds.