In due course of this article, we will be checking out on how to Update the ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with the firmware version V126.96.36.199.
This brought changes to the camera firmware as well as the boot animation, along with general bug fixes. Those who wants to get the update manually can follow this guide which we have given below.
Technically, this procedure will allow you to always update the latest firmware version available from ASUS, either from stock or a custom recovery, though you will need to be on an official ASUS firmware already.
Please be informed that the guide which we have given below is applicable only for Asus Transformer pad Infinity TF700T. So, don’t try this on any other device as it may cause damage.
IMPORTANT : We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
How to Update ASUS TF700T to latest official Update firmware:
1. First check your device’s SKU through the following procedure.
- On the tablet, go into Settings >> About tablet. Then check the Build Number
- If the build number starts with “TW”, your SKU is TW. Similarly, if your build number starts with “US”, you must download the firmware for the US SKU. Similarly for WW, you need to download the WW firmware.
2. Download the Update for your SKU from the Official ASUS Website.
3. Then extract the downloaded zip file once to obtain another zip file.
4. Now, you need to copy the obtained zip file to the tablet
- If you have a custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP installed on the tablet, then copy the zip file which you have obtained in step 3 to the internal SD Card.
- If you are on stock recovery on the tablet, rename the file to ”EP201_768_SDUPDATE”, then copy it to the external SD card.
5. Now, further steps depend on whether you have stock recovery on the tablet or using the custom recovery like ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery.
6. For Stock recovery:
- First Shut down the tablet. Hold the Power + Vol Down buttons until a message appears saying “Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)”. Here, press the Volume Up key within 5 seconds to enter recovery.
- The update will automatically start installing, then the tablet will reboot after the update is finished.
- You can now stop following the guide as your tablet has now been updated.
7. For custom recovery:
- Shut down the tablet. Hold Power + Vol Down buttons until a message appears saying “Press Vol. Up to enter RCK (5s)”. Here, press the Volume Up key within 5 seconds to enter recovery.
- Select wipe cache, then select Yes to confirm cache wipe (if using TWRP recovery, select Wipe, then select Cache/dalvik cache).
- Select install zip from SD card, then select choose zip from SD card. Scroll to and select the update file that you copied to the tablet in step 4.
- Confirm installation by selecting Yes on the next screen. (if using TWRP recovery, select Install, then select the update file)
- After the update is installed, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the tablet (if using TWRP recovery, select the Reboot system button to reboot the tablet).
- After the tablet reboots, it will be running the latest firmware.
Congratulations! your ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T is now running on the latest official update.