Here is a new Multi Window supported official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware for AT&T powered Samsung Galaxy Note 2 smartphone. As always, first this update was especially pushed to the International devices and then it will be gradually be rolling out to the Galaxy Note 2 devices locked on to AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint and other operators.
Please make a note that; eventhough it is an official firmware you can apply this firmware only on to the rooted device without which you could not apply this firmware.
IMPORTANT : The given below instructions are only for AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 I317 model. So, don’t try this in any other devices. If you do so it will brick your device. If you don’t know or forget your device model number then go to the path Settings> About Phone. There you can able to find.
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side before you start to try anything new on your device. So, we strongly advice you to take backup of all your internal datas with the help of backup applications. Just in case, if you lost your data due to any reason after updating the firmware, you could easily recover them.
- And also make sure whether your device battery level is atleast 75% to avoid the risk of your device getting switched off during the middle of the updating process.
- Then Disable or Uninstall all the antivirus suites that you have installed in your mobile and computer. Because this may interrupt the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging option by following the path Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging.
- Then finally download the ROM Manager app from the Google Play Store and then ensure that the su binary is updated in the super user app which too can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
DISCLAIMER : Best android blog would not held responsible/liable for any damages takes to your device by following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
Procedure to update AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware:
- Initially, you need to download the official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware package from here to your computer.
- So, once you downloaded, connect your phone to the computer via USB cable and place the downloaded zip file in your device.
- Once the file is copied, disconnect your device from the computer and open the ROM Manager app so that the device can be enter into the recovery mode. If you get any error while entering the device in the recovery mode then try to enter into the recovery mode by following the below mentioned manual steps.
- To enter into manually you need to hold the volume up button + home key button (i.e the middle button). While holding these both keys, press the power button for turning the device ON in the recovery mode.
- Please make a note that eventhough if you fail to enter into the recovery mode you need to try again until it enter into the recovery mode otherwise you could not apply this firmware update in your device.
- So, once you entered into the recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition”. And then again select “advanced” and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are on the custom ROM firmware.
- After this, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the Jellybean 4.1.2 custom ROM Firmware Package which you have placed already in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 smartphone.
- Once you select the zip file, it starts to apply this update. Within 4 or 5 minutes it will finish the update process.
- Once the process is completed, you will receive the message as “install from sd card completed”, select the “Go Back” and then select “reboot system now” for rebooting the device in the normal mode.
That’s it you’ve successfully updated the official Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Note 2.
If you want to know whether your firmware is updated successfully in your device or not, then simply go to the path “Settings > About Phone”. There you may find the current firmware version as “Jellybean 4.1.2” firmware UCALK7 version.
Incoming search terms:
- Note 2 I317 Official Firmware