Over this article we will guide you how to Update AT&T Skyrocket device with Slim Bean custom ROM, which features Android 4.1 in a really lightweight and slim package, with no useless apps or bloat, small memory footprint and light on resources, and also featuring some great customization features as well.
Please be informed that this not an official Samsung ROM; it is just an Custom ROM that is under development and may have a few errors and issues, and some things may not work properly and some stock Samsung ROM features will not be available.
The guide which we have given below is compatible only with the AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, model number SGH-I727. It’s not compatible with other US variants of S2, the Epic 4G Touch, and AT&T Galaxy S2 or any other device. Check your device’s model number in Settings» About phone.
Pre requisites to Update Slim Bean ROM on AT&T Skyrocket:
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings so we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup. It won’t touch your SD Cards, so don’t worry about these.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions head over to the next step we have given below where we have summed up the detailed procedure on how to apply this firmware update in your AT&T Skyrocket.
WARNING: We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps. So, root your device at your own risk.
Procedure to Install Slim Bean ROM on AT&T Skyrocket:
1. First install the ClockworkMod Touch Recovery on your phone.
2. Then download the latest version of the ROM from here
3. Again, download the Google Apps package. This will install apps like Play Store, Gmail, etc. which are not present in the ROM by default.
Filename : slim_gapps.zip
4. Then copy the ROM and Google Apps files to the internal SD card on the phone (do not extract them).
5. Now, turn OFF the phone, then boot into recovery mode.For this, press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons together until the screen turns on. Phone will boot into CWM recovery.
6. Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
7. Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete (this will not erase your personal files on the SD card).
8. Now select install zip from SD card, then select choose zip from SD card. Scroll to the ROM file on the SD card and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes – Install _____.zip on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
9. After ROM installation completes, select choose zip from SD card again, then select the slim_gapps.zip file to install the Google apps package.
10. After installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into Liquid ROM.
TIP : If you want to go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Now, that’s it you have successfully installed Slim Bean ROM on your AT&T Galaxy S2 Skyrocket.