The newest addition to the Samsung Ace is the the Samsung Ace plus from Samsung itself and it has definitely shown quite some improvement than the original and that’s the reason more people prefers to buy it rather than the previous mode.
If you are a Galaxy Ace Plus user you have a good news. The Ace plus Android phone has got a new firmware update from a third party developer team. What’s new? Well, with this ROM installed, all of the Samsung Ace Plus users will be able to experience many additional features and of course the faster speed.
The ROM has been named Alacritous ROM and was released for beta testing only a few days back. This ROM is based on the stock Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware and is comparatively much faster than the custom ROM. So here’s the first ROM for the device. But before that lets take a look at all the features it offers.
- Based on stock 2.3.6
- Blackburners custom kernel
- Bareboned for speed
- Build.prop tweaks
- Init.d scripts for speed
- Seperate gapps flashable zip
- Modded audio libs for increased sound quality
- Tweaked wifi and internet protocols for faster browsing
- Zipaligned on every boot for snappier performance
- Kernel tweaks
- Tweaked gps.conf for faster GPS lock
This ROM was previously planned to be out with the ICS theme but due to a couple of technical problems here and there, the time was needed for the ROM to make it fully stable. Talking about the bugs, there are hardly any because we have tested out the device for ourselves.
Note: This version requires that you flash gapps for the ROM to operate. Please read the instructions carefully. You can download the latest version of the ROM from here. Also, this version of ROM doesn’t have Google Apps; you can get it from here. Flash your device after flashing the ROM. After you have flashed the ROM and Google apps, enjoy the new phone.
Disclaimer: Don’t held us responsible for any damages that might occur to your device while following this Custom ROM firmware update procedure for Galaxy Ace Plus.
Procedure To Update Galaxy Ace Plus With Alacritous v3 Final Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware
1. Download the Alacritous v3 Final Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware zip package.
2. Once done, put the zip at the root of the sdcard.
3. Now Reboot your device to CWM Recovery.
4. Firstly, choose Wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache and finally wipe dalvik-cache.
5. Once you have done all that, flash the ROM.
6. Now Reboot your Galaxy Ace Plus phone.
7. While rebooting, when you reach the android logo reboot to the recovery mode.
8. Now Flash the gapps zip package which you have downloaded before.
9. Once done, you can reboot the phone and boot on normal mode.
There you go! Now you have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus to the Alacritous v3 Final Gingerbread 2.3.6 Firmware.