So here arrives the Beta 8 Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0 Firmware for Galaxy GIO S5660 users and we would be checking a detailed tutorial to apply the same. Readers need to be aware that this isn’t an official update neither we have any ETA on when there would be an official update.
As it is still in the Beta Stages, some bugs might be faced, which would be addressed in the future updates. So, let us checkout the detailed tutorial.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update Galaxy GIO S5660 with Beta 8 Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0 Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy GIO S5660. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update Galaxy GIO S5660 with Beta 8 Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0 Firmware
- Firstly Download ICS Cyanogen Mod 9 (Navigate to ‘Download’ and then select ‘Samsung Galaxy S5660’ and then click ‘Releases’ tab and the download the file which will be names as “Beta 8 for Samsung Galaxy Gio S5660 (16 Apr 2012)”) directly to your Computer. Now connect your phone to computer.
- Move the downloaded ROM to your Phone.
- Turn off your phone to enter into recovery mode.
- To enter the same, press and hold Menu Button + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select the option ‘Wipe/data factory reset’ and ‘Wipe Cache partition’.
- Now go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select ‘install ZIP from SD card’ and then ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and select the Beta 8 Cyanogen Mod 9 you copied to your phone earlier and confirm installation on the next screen.
- The update would complete within 5 minutes.
- Once it’s done, select go back option and then reboot system now.
- And you have successfully accommodated the update.
Now when your Phone boots up, you would be running Beta 8 Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0 Firmware on your Samsung Galaxy GIO Android device.