In due course of this article, we will be checking out on how to Update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean based custom ROMs with Hell Fire ROM.
This ROM is based on the official CyanogenMod 10 ROM for the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 and was developed by XDA Recognized developer xoxhellxox.
It comes with additional tweaks for better performance and with other customization and additional apps, including features such as Beats Audio, Samsung apps like S Voice, S Memo etc.
Please be informed that HellFire ROM is not an official ROM by Samsung. It is a custom ROM under development and may have few errors in it. And also note that it is based on stock Android, so any Samsung-specific features will not be available and a few apps will be different from their original versions (such as the camera or gallery).
Let us take a look on how to install HellFire ROM on the T-Mobile S3.
The guide which we have given below is compatible only with the T-Mobile Galaxy S3, model number T999. It is not compatible with other US Variants or other devices. Check your device’s model number in Settings >> About phone.
Pre requisites to Update HellFire ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S3:
- This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings so we strongly recommend you to take backup of all your precious data (i.e SMS, MMS, Call logs, APNs etc) present in your phone. Just in case; if your data might corrupted or erased due to any reasons you can easily recover them with the help of backup. It won’t touch your SD Cards, so don’t worry about these.
- Make sure that you have left battery level of atleast 40% or else there is a risk of your device getting turned OFF in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable USB Debugging mode in your device, by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”.
- After that disable all the antivirus applications installed in your device, because this may interrupt the process of firmware update.
So, once you have done all the above mentioned instructions head over to the next step we have given below where we have summed up the detailed procedure on how to apply this firmware update.
WARNING: We and even the developer won’t be held responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps. So, root your device at your own risk.
How to Install HellFire ROM on T-Mobile Galaxy S3:
1. First, install the ClockworkMod recovery on your phone. But Skip this step if you have already installed this in your phone.
2. Next, download the latest version of the ROM from here.
3. Copy the zip file downloaded in step 2 to the internal SD card. So do not extract it.
4. Now, boot into ClockworkMod recovery. To do that, turn OFF your phone. Then, hold down Volume Up, Home and then the Power buttons together until the screen turns on, then let them go. The phone will boot into ClockworkMod recovery in a few seconds. In recovery, use the volume buttons to scroll up/down and the home button to select an option.
5. Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this ROM. To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
6. Select wipe data/factory reset, then select yes on next screen to confirm. Then wait for sometime till the data wipe is complete.
7. Select Install zip from SD Card, then select choose zip from SD card. Scroll to the ROM file on the SD card and select it. Confirm installation by selecting Yes on the next screen. The ROM will start installing.
8. After installation of the ROM is complete, go back to the main recovery menu. Then, select advanced, then select Fix permissions. Then, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone and boot up into HellFire ROM.
9. After the ROM boots up, don’t do anything on the phone and let it sit idle for 5-10 minutes. Then reboot the phone, after which you can continue using it as normal.
NOTE : Suppose if you want to go back to your previous ROM, boot into recovery (as given in step 5), select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Congratulations! now you have successfully updated HellFire ROM, based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on your T-Mobile Galaxy S3.
Incoming search terms:
- galaxy s3 roms t-mobile
- galaxy s3 tar rom tmobile
- hell fire varizon galaxy s3 rom xda
- hellfire custom rom 4 1 2 t999
- hellfire rom s3
- hellfire rom update
- hellfire s3