Lee Droid is known as the one of the famous ROM developer who developed a ROM which can now be applied on HTC One X. Well, HTC One X runs on ICS Android 4.0.3 version along with Sense 4.0. The Lee Droid ROM comes with lots of features which improves user experience with Smartphone like HTC One X.
Although this is not an official update but this ROM is developed by a third party Developer. Well, the people who have rooted their Android devices must give this one try. So, let us take a look at the detailed tutorial long with the pre-requisites.
Important: We and even the developer won’t be responsible for any damage that takes place to your device while following these steps.
Pre-requisites to Update HTC One X with Lee Droid Custom ROM Firmware
- The ROM we would see today is compatible only with HTC One X. So, make sure you try this ROM only on this device, not any other device by any company.
- You must take back-up of all the internal data present in your phone like Logs, Contacts, messages, etc. with the help of backup applications.
- Battery should be charged enough in order to apply this update. 60% minimum is recommended from our side otherwise your phone may get switched off while the update process.
- Disable all antivirus suites in your computer as well as mobile so that update process may not get interrupted.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in your mobile. If not, you can do it by following the path – “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging” and after that USB debugging would be enabled in your phone.
- Now just make sure you follow the corresponding instructions properly.
Steps to Update HTC One X with Lee Droid Custom ROM Firmware
- Grab the Lee Droid Custom ROM from here to your Computer.
- Now connect your phone to computer.
- Move the downloaded ROM to your Phone.
- Turn off your phone to enter into recovery mode.
- To enter the same, press and hold Volume Down + Power button.
- In recovery mode, select the option ‘Wipe/data factory reset’ and ‘Wipe Cache partition’.
- Now go back to the main recovery menu.
- Select ‘install ZIP from SD card’ and then ‘Choose ZIP from SD card’ and select the Lee Droid ROM you copied to your phone earlier and confirm installation on the next screen.
- The update would complete within 5 minutes.
- Once it’s done, select go back option and then reboot system now.
- And you have successfully accommodated the update.
Now when your Phone boots up, you would be running Lee Droid ROM on your HTC One X device.