The LG Optimus Black P970 smartphone users can now easily install the Official ICS Android 4.0 Firmware in their device. One of the best part of this firmware is that since this is a official firmware you no need to root your device.
This firmware of ICS Android V30B is now available for European countries – France, Italy, Baltics, Spain, Germany, Hungary, Portugal, Poland etc. So, just in case if you haven’t got it, you can apply the firmware update manually by following the below mentioned steps. There are some new updates which comes along with this firmware update;
- Gesture Features have been updated,
- Boot animation is slicked by LG,
- Blue LED is not working on the boot,
- Lock Screen Choosing option has now been enabled
- It is always advisable to be on a safer side before you start to try anything new on your device. So, we strongly advice you to take backup of all your internal datas with the help of backup applications. Just in case, if you lost your data due to any reason after updating the firmware, you could easily recover them.
- And also make sure whether your device battery level is atleast 75% to avoid the risk of your device getting switched off during the middle of the updating process.
- Then Disable or Uninstall all the antivirus suites that you have installed in your mobile and computer. Because this may interrupt the process.
- Then finally enable the USB Debugging option by following the path Settings>Applications>Development>USB Debugging.
DISCLAIMER : Best android blog would not held responsible/liable for any damages takes to your device by following this procedure. So, do everything at your own risk.
Procedure to Update:
- Initially you need to download the KDZ File from here to your computer. Once downloaded, open the same as it is an executable file.
- Once the application is opened, set “Type” and “Phone Mode” to select the .kdz file in your computer which you have downloaded earlier.
- Once the software is launched, you need to wait until the process is over. Usually it will take 4-5 minutes to update.
- If you want to check whether the ICS android 4.0 firmware has been updated or not, go to the path “Settings” > About Phone there you will see the current firmware version as ICS Android 4.0 firmware. Congrats!
Incoming search terms:
- lg p970 firmware
- update p970 v10b to ics